1hz pre filter operating pressure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

First post on here.

I am planning on fitting a pre filter to a 79 series with a 1HZ engine. I have been researching the different options and have come across quite a few pre filter kits. I have decided to go down the route of a 10 micron filter as this vehicle is being used in southern Africa and fuel contamination is common. One of the solutions available is a Racor 445R10 with a flow rate of 170lph and a maximum operating pressure of 30psi.

I don't have much knowledge on how the fuel pressure works on the fuel system so would like to know if this unit will work with maximum operating pressure of 30psi.

Western filters do also sell the 445R series but not specifically for a Landcruiser 79 1HZ.

Thanks

Hi all,

First post on here.

I am planning on fitting a pre filter to a 79 series with a 1HZ engine. I have been researching the different options and have come across quite a few pre filter kits. I have decided to go down the route of a 10 micron filter as this vehicle is being used in southern Africa and fuel contamination is common. One of the solutions available is a Racor 445R10 with a flow rate of 170lph and a maximum operating pressure of 30psi.

I don't have much knowledge on how the fuel pressure works on the fuel system so would like to know if this unit will work with maximum operating pressure of 30psi.

Western filters do also sell the 445R series but not specifically for a Landcruiser 79 1HZ.

Thanks
Welcome!

30 PSI is a LOT. You will not need to worry about that much pressure.

If you are just leaving the 1HZ stock, then you would be fine to just throw that in before the main filter. There are a few stock Land Cruisers that came with a filter and pre-filter from factory. I am a little surprised with this one being from Africa that it was not already set up with one.

If you are a performance geek and are going to turbo and tune your 1HZ, you may wish to look at a low-pressure (5-10 PSI) lift pump to assist with the fuel flow. If nothing else, it will help the fuel pump not have to work so hard pulling the fuel from the tank through 2 filters, and keep up with demand.

:cheers:

Welcome!

30 PSI is a LOT. You will not need to worry about that much pressure.

If you are just leaving the 1HZ stock, then you would be fine to just throw that in before the main filter. There are a few stock Land Cruisers that came with a filter and pre-filter from factory. I am a little surprised with this one being from Africa that it was not already set up with one.

If you are a performance geek and are going to turbo and tune your 1HZ, you may wish to look at a low-pressure (5-10 PSI) lift pump to assist with the fuel flow. If nothing else, it will help the fuel pump not have to work so hard pulling the fuel from the tank through 2 filters, and keep up with demand.

:cheers:
Thanks for the advice

Yes, I'm leaving it standard for now as it still has lots of factory warranty remaining. Just over 20k km's on the clock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom