Los Angeles R12 AC Service (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Two Buck

SILVER Star
Threads
My FJ60 has not been converted to R134a and I don't want to convert. So is there anywhere in the LA area where I can get my system serviced/recharged? with (I assume) R12? "Summer is coming..."

In California I doubt it is available. Couldn’t find it in Texas or South Carolina. It isn’t a big deal to convert. Always hear stories about people wanting $100 a pound

I bought a few cans online and had them shipped to me. I then took those into a shop and they serviced and refilled the system for me.

Quite a bit more expensive than r134a, but a lot cheaper than buying coolant from the shop. I think I paid $60 for 3 cans and only needed 2 to fill the system.

All done in NorCal.

When I do my '60 I'll probably convert to Dexcool, there is a really good post on mud about it. No cost to convert, you dont lose the efficiency of R12, and it has a similar cost envelope as 134a.

$2 , have you checked to see if your system is totally flat? If so you might want to replace all your orings ahead of time before getting it recharged. I know someone with a 50 #der....

Hi, I have two cans of R12. This is not freeze 12 or some other junk. Mike

The guy across the street from K&H did it for me (per K&Hs recommendation), but I've since converted to r134a.

As mentioned, I would buy some cans off flea-bay if you want to save a little and plan to keep the R12. Who knows how long it will still be available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom