Need to know the size of OME shocks for a 2.5" kit?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a set of 4 12" bilsteins that I was planning on using on my 1982 Toyota, but I decided to sell it. I just put a deposit on a 1972 Toyota Land Cruiser, and was wondering if I could use these shocks instead of purchasing the OME's. .

I have the Bilsteins on my 74 all the way around, I don't know the model off of the top of my head. Was there a change in the mounting position on the rear after 78 or so? Or are the shock mounts the same through all the years?

I just browsed through my build thread and I never mentioned the model # of my shocks. F$%K

Lol!!! I just tried to find the ebay invoice with part # for the ones I got, but they are no longer saved to my buying history. I'll have to wait until I am at the shop tomorrow.

I am not sure if they changed the style in the later years, but I am pretty sure it is a standard spring eye on all mounting locations front and rear. The stock style for the minitruck was a stud/bushing set up on the top of the front shocks, but since I bought shock hoops from trail-gear they require the eye style mounting shock which is identical to the rear shocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom