Early FJ40 Rear View mirrors ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Forgive the stupid question, but I assume the early FJ40’s had the rear view mirrors? My 1966 Restoration I’m doing, I can’t find any out there? Specter shows 1968 and on ? Any help?

Jason-

66-67 vintage was an in between, transition mirror

image borrowed

upload_2018-3-19_19-29-11.jpeg

The 66/67 actually started sometime in 64. My 9/64 FJ45 has one. These are harder to find than the earlier mirrors because the mirror edges aren't protected and the arm is pot metal and crack. Earlier were stamped steel arm and metal backing on the mirror that rolled over and protected the mirror edges. The length of the arm was different depending on the model. Believe the 45LV was longer than the 45LP. Not sure what the FJ40 had.

You went from wondering whether your FJ40 came with a rear view mirror to knowing exactly which mirror you are looking for, pretty quick.

Yet you have known where the classified section is and that your FJ40 had a mirror when you got it, for years.

1966 Toyota Landcrusier (Dad's).jpg
Photo 1.jpg

@Old Red, sorry I should have been more specific. Yes, mine had that one in it, but it was so beat up and cheap looking, that I assumed my Dad had an aftermarket one in it from years ago. I hadn’t asked him yet, and I can’t find it anywhere after the dismantle. I sure don’t recall t looking like the pics I’ve found of what I need. Then last night after doing research I found which one I needed. Excellent question (I guess).

Jason-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom