New Member - 2005 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First post from a long time lurker. Picked up a 2005 LX470 after 6 months of searching.

Set up Autotrader text alerts and was able to purchase this Truck within 12hrs of it going online (after a 4hr pre-dawn drive to Bakersfield). Truck has 73k miles, single owner (doctors wife), garage kept, immaculate condition with zero rust, completely stock. I really wanted a low mileage LC, but I just couldn't pass this one up. This was the 5th 100 I test drove.

I've had it for a week and I'm head over heels. Really glad I didn't pick the new 4runner :)

Will be using as a family mall cruiser (2yo and one on the way), camping van, MTB shuttle rig, powder days in Tahoe and putting my drift boat in on the Russian and Yuba.

Ride is a little harsh, I need to look into the AHC accumulators...

I'm not a huge fan of the chrome wheels, will likely pickup some Tundra alloys & wrap with 275/70/18s (maybe k02s?). Then Vais Tech BlueTooth, Gobi rack, running board delete, 2nd battery, Weathertech, etc. etc...

1 question for the forum:
  • I'm looking for a frame mount trailer hitch, does anyone have a factory takeoff they would like to sell me? The hitch integrated into the 2005 bumper seems a little sketchy.
Here's the icing on the cake. I took my good buddy with me on a test drive, and he became obsessed too. He ended up purchasing an 04' with 76k miles four days after me... AND IT IS IDENTICAL! It's pretty silly, but it's hard not to feel cool driving around in matching hundies. Our friends think we're crazy :)

2X LX470.jpg

I don't even know which one is mine...

Thx, Charlie
Berkeley, Ca

Welcome to mud and congrats! We did the opposite, I flew up to NCAL to get my LX and you flew to SCAL, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom