New Member (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all.

I picked up an '04 about 4 months ago, I've been lurking here since then and I figured it was time to introduce myself.

20231028_110926.jpg

'Barb' is a California cruiser, at 187,000 when I bought her. Since then I've been fixing little odds and ends all over with help from this forum. First thing I did was remove the side steps and go over the whole car with alcohol to remove about a pound of pine sap from the previous owner's driveway.

20231027_091739.jpg

Let me tell you, seeing bolts this clean on a 20 year old truck is quite shocking to a New Englander!

Here's the short list of things I've done so far. Come spring my big project will be a nav delete, I've already started collecting parts.
  • Drivers door power lock replaced
  • Steering column bushings replaced (steering wheel was wobbling)
  • Woolwax undercoat and inside body panels
  • Went over the whole car with touch up paint
  • CV boots regreased and recliped with hose clamps
  • Hatch shocks replaced
  • Nav unit disassembled and resoldered pin 60
Besides the nav delete, this is my growing list of things I want to get done this year. I don't have a garage so I need warm weather here in Maine to get any serious work done.
  • Install metal heater Ts
  • Investigate inop steering telescope
  • Investigate exhaust rattle (close driver's door to cause rattle)
  • Floor liners - weathertech?
  • Refurbish center console - silver paint is scratched up around shifters
  • Replace driver and passenger window motors
  • Replace fog lamp housings
  • Front mud flaps
  • Cabin air filter kit?
  • Investigate noisy AC pump
  • Investigate inop rear window washer
I also plan on switching to 285/65/R18 Duratracs once these tires wear out, but that will probably take a couple years as these are pretty new. Other than that i's my daily driver, so I won't be loading it up with bumpers and such for a long time.

Thanks to everyone on here who posts guides and photos, you've been a big help.

Welcome and enjoy the community knowledge! Happy to see your progress!

A quick update.... do those heater tees people! Mine must be the originals, they came apart as soon as I took them off. I feel like I dodged a bullet. I did all six hoses while I was in there.

20240225_114434.jpg

Speaking of dodging bullets, I also retorqued my spark plugs and found one loose! Going to need a new coil boot, but I think I got to it soon enough to save the coil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom