SR-5 Wheels for 1986 4-Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

These 4Runner/Tacoma wheels also come in 16x7.
tacoma wheels.jpg

I found a set of four 16 x 8 in this pattern at a scrap yard in Sharjah in the UAE: But I'm not having any luck at all finding a 5th rim for the spare.
IMG-20200218-WA0023.jpeg

Does anyone happen to know the correct part number for 16 x 8 or the vehicles it might be found on? The scrap yard operator said it came off of an early 1990s pickup. I've checked the usual suspects - but I'm not too familiar except for the 70 series.

I've come to really like them.
IMG-20200209-WA0012.jpg

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "gnob, post: 12896747, member: 14832"]
Look for 4runner / surf. In NA Pickups didn't get 16s until the tacoma
[/ QUOTE]
Thank you Gnob. I've looked here at all the 4runners with no joy. Sorry for my lack of knowledge but what did you mean by 'surf'--google search? I did find the pattern doing that, but only in 15.

[QUOTE = "gnob, post: 12896747, member: 14832"]
Look for 4runner / surf. In NA Pickups didn't get 16s until the tacoma
[/ QUOTE]
Thank you Gnob. I've looked here at all the 4runners with no joy. Sorry for my lack of knowledge but what did you mean by 'surf'--google search? I did find the pattern doing that, but only in 15.

The Toyota 4Runner was known as the "Hilux Surf" in non-north American markets.

Is there a part number on those wheels?

Ya I've never seen that pattern in 16" on 4Runners/pickups. Pretty sure that pattern went away (on mini trucks) at the end of '95 with the intro of the Tacoma and 3rd gen 4Runner.

Is that painted/powdercoated?

Somewhere, probably here, I read a rumor that those first gen 4rnnr alloy wheels were made in a 16" size. Countless hours searching had turned up nothing. I guess my focus was too narrow, should have deliberately looked outside the US.

I've always really liked the entire truck they are bolted to. :cry:
Thanks--it's a diesel, BTW, and it has been a real education too. I've written a fair amount about it here.

Ya I've never seen that pattern in 16" on 4Runners/pickups. Pretty sure that pattern went away (on mini trucks) at the end of '95 with the intro of the Tacoma and 3rd gen 4Runner.

Is that painted/powdercoated?
In all my searching don't think I've seen the pattern in any size later than 1995 or so--but that has not been my focus.

I'm pretty sure they were powder coated because they cleaned right up nicely after having been bumping around a salvage yard for who-knows how long. Next time I have it off I will look for the part number. I didn't think to do it when I was getting the new tires put on because it was 9:30 pm on a Saturday night after a long, long day of buying stuff and hunting for other stuff. Mostly I just wanted the rubber on the rims at that point. Also, when the tire guys were working on it I had no idea these were unicorns. I know I'd seen the pattern before, but didn't know that the pattern in 16 is unusual.

Just for completeness, I was with the truck yesterday and it was up on the lift and I searched for markings. There did not seem to be any on the back side that I could see. Here are all the markings on the front side of the rims:
1582457897719.png

1582457935773.png

Does anyone happen to know what this thing is that looks like "JUL-T" means
1582457965996.png

1582458000951.png

I know I have the wrong nuts on it--I got a bag of good 'top hat' shank nuts at the salvage yard yesterday. I just need to clean them.

I really liked the look of the 16" 2000 4Runner wheels on my '87:

View attachment 1616524
It was those wheels that I had started to look for a set of at a decent price when I had to move on just tires.

I looked for those forever too. Couldn’t find any other than a single set that the guy (asshat) wanted $800 for. I ended up with the 17” Tundra 5 spokes. Not as nice looking, but at $100 for all 4 of them, I can handle it!

4EDE127B-D0E3-48B8-BADD-EC096C75BE18.jpeg

I do have a set of the 15” ones that the first post showed if anyone wants them... Probably too expensive to ship though, for what they are worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom