Advice on suspension upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,

I have a 2011 LC200 with 85,000 gentle miles on it (other than Boston winters). I recently put an ARB Deluxe Bar and a WARN 9.5xp Winch with synthetic cable on the front, and replaced the rear bumper with an ARB modular steel bumper. I also replaced the factory running boards with ARB steel rails. Since I had the work done, I notice that the front end is riding noticeably lower than the rear end.

I am looking to upgrade the suspension, without it being a major production. My goal is improved ride comfort/handling with a leveling out of the front and rear ends. What would you recommend?

Any help would be much appreciated.

View media item 64491

Tons of info on this question, though the search feature on Mud can be al little fiddly at times.
Much of it comes down to your budget.

For $1k-1.5k, Old Man Emu's basic setup will serve you well. Call Slee or Cruiser Outfitters who are two of many reputable regulars here for purchase advice. @wardharris is another who really knows his stuff and I think is also a vendor for such things.

For 2 - 3x that amount you can go for adjustable BP-51 setup also from Old Man Emu (now owned by ARB), or a full range of adjustability from Icon, or Kings.

If you just want firmer, improved handling and weight-bearing for your new bumper/winch, the basic OME setup and appropriate springs for your mod weight will be more than adequate. I ran that basic OME setup on my 100 series and it was great.

Also seriously consider replacing the front upper control arms with units from SPC or others, which will give you far more adjustability for proper alignment when lifted.

Last edited:
I have lost my mind chasing the ultimate 200 suspension for me. The OME setup on my 100 feel is way too firm. I ended up ordering Icons front and rear remote reservoir for $2.5k. Non adjustable was $1600. I think coilovers are the better option over emulusion shocks.

I have lost my mind chasing the ultimate 200 suspension for me. The OME setup on my 100 feel is way too firm. I ended up ordering Icons front and rear remote reservoir for $2.5k. Non adjustable was $1600. I think coilovers are the better option over emulusion shocks.

“Too firm” could have been more about spring selection vs the shocks...

Tough Dog 45mm adjustables plus SPC UCAs are a bit over $2k. I'm very happy with my setup. It's not a $4k+ King setup but it provides a 2" lift and more controlled suspension. Talk to Jason at Trail Tailor (@reevesci).

I can recommend the Icon's, they are a big step up, pricey but the quality and feel is worth the price.

Tough Dog 45mm adjustables plus SPC UCAs are a bit over $2k. I'm very happy with my setup. It's not a $4k+ King setup but it provides a 2" lift and more controlled suspension. Talk to Jason at Trail Tailor (@reevesci).

Base/Standard medium/light kit with 41mm foam cell shocks is 975.00 shipped.

J

Thanks for all your help. After going down the rabbit-hole a bit, I think I am leaning toward Icon Stage 1 with UCA’s.

Base/Standard medium/light kit with 41mm foam cell shocks is 975.00 shipped.

J
I can't speak to the performance of the 41mm shocks but I really like how my 45mm adjustables are dialed in.

I can't speak to the performance of the 41mm shocks but I really like how my 45mm adjustables are dialed in.

The 41mm are basically a pre-valved stage 4-5 IMO. I've run 2 sets of 45mm now and for me that is where I find my comfy spot and like to drive on in all conditions and loads.

J

Thanks for all your help. After going down the rabbit-hole a bit, I think I am leaning toward Icon Stage 1 with UCA’s.

Yeah I debated very long and hard between Stage 1 and the CDC Valve option. Ended up spending the extra $900 for CDCs even though Andrew at Icon felt they weren't needed. They just shipped mine out yesterday after a ~2 month backorder. I also ordered the Icon coilover wraps to protect from rust during winter.

I was told UCAs aren't needed unless you are doing more than 2" in lift.

I was told UCAs aren't needed unless you are doing more than 2" in lift.

Tough dog told me that as well but my caster was below spec with the LCA cams maxed out. YMMV. I wanted to push caster as far as I could anyway since towing causes the front end to lift a bit which reduces caster and increases camber anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom