1994 at Pick n Pull Fresno (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
@LAMBCRUSHER

Row 124

IMG_8968.JPG

IMG_8969.JPG

IMG_8972.JPG

IMG_8973.JPG

IMG_8974.JPG

62s have a vfm...

The silver part on the intake tube DONT PULL TH E SCREWS!!1!!ONE1!! it has a small clip around it you remove your get the plug off.

It's a "mass air flow" that isnt a mass air flow but does the same thing basically but you will get bashed for weeks if you dare call it a maf here for some reason.

I’m going to Fresno on Friday!

Dude, if you go there call me and let me know prices. I seriously need a backup ECU as mine is the troublesome early 93.

Dude, if you go there call me and let me know prices. I seriously need a backup ECU as mine is the troublesome early 93.
Deathvalleypaul has ecu's, usually, for around $100. My wife reminded me of a prior engagement that will keep me at home this weekend but I may try to squeeze in a quick trip to my local pic n pull just to see if they have an 80. Fresno is over 3 hours from me. Most people don't have the disease we have and think nothing of dropping a Landcruiser off at pic n pull for cash just because it won't pass a smog test.

Yeah, I just wanted a cheap one since most pick and pulls sell things super cheap.

Yeah, I just wanted a cheap one since most pick and pulls sell things super cheap.
My early 93 has the original eng ecu and no problem yet but I do carry a spare ecu.

My early 93 has the original eng ecu and no problem yet but I do carry a spare ecu.

yup, mine is just fine but i know one day it will be an issue. why i also have a spare VFM and engine harness along with other pieces that might be hard to locate again.

yup, mine is just fine but i know one day it will be an issue. why i also have a spare VFM and engine harness along with other pieces that might be hard to locate again.
Those are the same parts I want to stockpile too. Has anyone ever tried using that service that they sell on eBay where you send them an ECU and they rebuild it for $175? That doesn't seem like a bad deal if they work right. The thing I always worry about with junkyard rigs is that you don't really know if the thing works until you buy it, but you also know that the truck ended up at the knacker for a reason and you don't know what it is. I see ECUs being sold for between $100-200 and they seem to be more expensive with fewer miles on them, but I am not savvy enough about electronics to know if that matters or not.

If I lived in Fresno, that 80 would look like metal eating piranha’s found it. What really sucks is not knowing how many miles were on it because the combo meter is MIA.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom