Goodby LX-570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hold on, weren't you also considering selling recently? I tell ya "petrol heads" cannot sit still when it comes to cars. The issue as I see it with the LC is it's a long term vehicle, it's just in the DNA.

Yes, I was considering selling the 200. But other than gas mileage and range, I don’t have a good enough reason to sell other than wanting something new.

Like many others, my 200 mostly sits. Hell, 3 years into owning it and I’m still under 19,000 miles. Those miles are mostly Moab and LCDC events.

The OP had some much more compelling reasons to sell his LX570.

Once you’ve spent a lot of time and money building a 200 it also makes it harder to let go of. I know I would never pour that kind of cash into another vehicle! Maybe the answer is spending a little more on my 200 :)

At least your still driving an LC :cheers:

I will be for quite some time. :cheers:

My next "new" vehicle may actually end up being a full sized truck, as we now have a property up in the mountains and I would have more use of the bed than the back of a LC. I will probably always hold onto one or more of the existing LCs I currently own, but you never know these days. Someone in an old Honda CRV may think otherwise...

Wonder if previous accident has anything to do with your electrical problems. o_O It is ashamed the Lexus dealer failed to disclosed that, still best to do a detail inspection regardless what the dealer claim.

I have not been able to perfect the dance yet to keep the LC locked while running. When I put it in park all the doors unlock. Which is probably a setting... Then when I open the door and press the lock button they lock and unlock immediately. The system fights me on trying to lock it. That scenario leaves me with 4 unlocked doors...

Thinking about it I bet I have to put it in park, don't open the door yet, press the lock button to re-lock the doors, then open the door, close it, and then use the manual key to lock it. Then when I get back use the manual key to unlock it.

But when it's cold and I'm freezing my arse off I just wish the remote would work. :)

With engine still running, roll down driver window, get out of car, close door, lock doors through window, roll window back up from door, walk away. Unlock manually with key when returning to car. This will keep the doors locked with the car running, not an elegant solution but it works, learned from someone else on mud. hope that helps.

Wonder if previous accident has anything to do with your electrical problems. o_O It is ashamed the Lexus dealer failed to disclosed that, still best to do a detail inspection regardless what the dealer claim.

My guess on the electrical problems is YES, but I coud not prove it AND the local dealer would never actually fix any of the intermittent problems, since they were not continuous. They stated that they would not change a component unless if was failing while they had "their hands on it." As for disclosure, some accidents do not "show" even with a detailed inspection, which was done. NOTE that this is how a used Lexus is supposed to gain the "certified" status: L/CERTIFIED - Certification & Warranty - Lexus Certified Pre-Owned

I felt a bit taken. Now, this may only be a feeling, but it was enough of a feeling for me to let them know that I would never purchase another used vehicle from the dealership.

On a different note, the 2002 LC I purchased from this same dealer (Toyota side) has been an awesome vehicle to date! I have had fewer issues with it than the 2010 LX.

The LX (along with other 200s) has great power and I loved the smoothness of the 6-speed transmission. The overall power train was a joy to drive, but since the 200's life span is numbered and I have no intention of purchasing another new vehicle within the next few years, I am guessing that IF I do purchase another new LC: 1) I WILL be a LC, not an LX, 2) It will be the next gen with hopefully better MPGs, more power, and a ride that makes me smile every time I get into it. FYI, my 100 still does this for me, even with the lower power and less gears. My 80 will soon, as it is getting overhauled as I write this.

I have not been able to perfect the dance yet to keep the LC locked while running. When I put it in park all the doors unlock. Which is probably a setting... Then when I open the door and press the lock button they lock and unlock immediately. The system fights me on trying to lock it. That scenario leaves me with 4 unlocked doors...

Thinking about it I bet I have to put it in park, don't open the door yet, press the lock button to re-lock the doors, then open the door, close it, and then use the manual key to lock it. Then when I get back use the manual key to unlock it.

But when it's cold and I'm freezing my arse off I just wish the remote would work. :)

With engine still running, roll down driver window, get out of car, close door, lock doors through window, roll window back up from door, walk away. Unlock manually with key when returning to car. This will keep the doors locked with the car running, not an elegant solution but it works, learned from someone else on mud. hope that helps.

Hmm, I've never had to do any of that. At least on the 2013, you can skip the windows/lock/unlock button. After putting it in park, try just using the manual key on the exterior door lock. On mine it will lock/unlock all doors.

In my experience some shady dealers will claim they found an accident in your vehicle history, particularly for a second or third owner vehicle, in order to reduce the trade-in value. "Carfax doesn't show it but our check does" is not uncommon.

It's certainly possible your gremlins were related to a previously undisclosed accident of course, but it's also possible they're just a bunch of scumbags trying to screw you for any extra $ they can.

Yes, I was considering selling the 200. But other than gas mileage and range, I don’t have a good enough reason to sell other than wanting something new.

Like many others, my 200 mostly sits. Hell, 3 years into owning it and I’m still under 19,000 miles. Those miles are mostly Moab and LCDC events.

The OP had some much more compelling reasons to sell his LX570.

Once you’ve spent a lot of time and money building a 200 it also makes it harder to let go of. I know I would never pour that kind of cash into another vehicle! Maybe the answer is spending a little more on my 200 :)

I expect to have the LC for a long time. But I don't drive it to work. (My commute is about 50' to my home office and I'll be retiring this Spring.) But I do have over 30K on it and have had it less than 18 months. So that longevity matters. I love having the 5.7v8 and that torque for towing our trailer even though it does guzzle gas. (As least we don't pay CA gas prices here in CO!)

When I get the itch for something new I'll look to a new bicycle or maybe new camera gear or something. (Just bought a "gravel bike" and may get an e-MTB in a year or 2 so I can get some help dragging my old body up the trails. Maybe I'll do some of those Moab trails on my e-MTB someday.)

....Once you’ve spent a lot of time and money building a 200 it also makes it harder to let go of. I know I would never pour that kind of cash into another vehicle! Maybe the answer is spending a little more on my 200 :)

Yes!! :)

Or think of it this way...
Selling it is almost like "spending more" but without the benefits...because you are giving away the upgrade $ that you won't fully recoup if you sell. Might as well spend more on it and actually KEEP the mod value in your own driveway instead of plopping all that value in someone else's. (haha... -Funny how easy the rationalizations flow when it comes to the LC). ;)

Last edited:
LCF with TTv8 and 630HP will be one to have. I will be trading my orange RCF for the LCF

Friends don’t let friend drive Camries

Maybe maybe not. Lexus still denies its existence.

If it does get built, it will need to be incredible, as it will no doubt be closer to $150-$180k.

Once you get into the $180k price range, the choices become much more interesting. I’m not sure Lexus can build a true 911 Turbo S competitor, given that the current LC500 is a grand touring car and not a sports car, whereas the base 911 is a sports car.

Maybe maybe not. Lexus still denies its existence.

If it does get built, it will need to be incredible, as it will no doubt be closer to $150-$180k.

Once you get into the $180k price range, the choices become much more interesting. I’m not sure Lexus can build a true 911 Turbo S competitor, given that the current LC500 is a grand touring car and not a sports car, whereas the base 911 is a sports car.
LCF is confirmed, trust me ;)

I get surprised by the idea of something better than the 200 LC. If there is I want it. My 100 has been collecting dust since I got my 200. I haven't had 1 issue in 50k miles.

LCF with TTv8 and 630HP will be one to have. I will be trading my orange RCF for the LCF

Friends don’t let friend drive Camries

Sniping aside... The Camry is a quality vehicle.
Might be the most consistently-reliable, affordable sedan in modern history.

Wife & I have owned two Camry sedans in the past, and after a combined 320,000 miles between them...neither car left us broken down. EVER.
Service? Sure. But break-downs where it wouldn't take us home? Not even one single time.

My aunt still drives one of them now, and it's 18 years old. Still going strong.

Last edited:
After scoping the new Camry, I dig it. I don't care what anyone says, I like it for what it is. I know there's a stigma that the Camry is a bland, beige, appliance. Whatevs. It sells like hotcakes because it's great at what it is, being a car. For a $150/mo lease? I'd drive it every day and NEVER regret signing the paperwork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom