Selling Price For My Built 2015 Land Cruiser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Canyonero

Beating up Land Cruisers since 2015
Threads
I'm considering selling my 2015 Land Cruiser. It's not an easy decision, but other than LCDC every year, the truck mostly just sits. I'm hoping some of the experts on this forum can give me a sense of what the truck might be worth on the open market. So here's the breakdown.

2015 Land Cruiser - Magnetic Gray/Black Interior

18,500 miles

Modifications (all professionally installed by Slee Offroad in Golden):
-2.5" OME suspension lift
-ARB front bumper with integrated fog lights
-Warn 9.5 XP winch with synthetic line and factor 55 winch end
-Safari Snorkel
-Slee rock sliders
-ARB skid plates (full set) underneath
-ARB rear locker
-ARB onboard air -twin compressor under the hood
-ARB rear bumper with tire swingout
-Nearly brand new 34" Nitto Ridge Grappler tires (5) with under 1,000 miles on them, mounted to 2017 Tundra wheels
-Yakima Mega Warrior cargo rack (attaches to OEM roof rack)
-Gobi ladder
-K&N Air Filter
-Tinted windows

Details on the build and truck condition:
- The truck's body is flawless (work done at a body shop to remove all pin stripes, any trail rash.)
- The armor is freshly painted but has some minor dings from use.
-The interior is nearly flawless; leather has been cared for, driver's seat shows very minimal wear and tear
- Maintenance on the truck has been meticulous (as much as is needed at 18,000 miles); oil change and maintenance records at local Toyota dealership.
- Has been garaged the nearly 3 years I've owned it since new (also, a 1 owner truck)
- No maintenance issues or problems -- drives like new. Everything works perfectly.

I think that's it. Anyone able to help me on price if I sell this rig? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Where is the "dislike" button?

You should have no problem selling that beast though. It's a beauty!

the lure of the Raptor I assume ?

GLWS - f you decide I suspect it'll move fast !

GLWS Greg. But I am not liking that decision.

You and I are in the same boat! The big question is if you’re going to trade or sell private party. If you’re buying something more expensive and the taxes are high where you live, trading sounds more compelling. I’d take off anything that unbolts easily since you won’t get anything in trade value and sell on this forum or the local CL. Value private party is hard to gauge because bone stock 1 owner 15s are listed right now anywhere from high 50s to low 60s, so how does the market value the mods? Quality mods are generally a good thing on these trucks, and I’d say you can add the cost of the parts, depreciate them 25-50%, and exclude the cost of labor to get into a ballpark figure. Btw it definitely seems like the biggest driving factor in residual is the miles, so yours should bring a hefty premium since those are crazy low for a Land Cruiser. These things usually get driven like crazy, so it’s hard to find one with less than average miles.

Last edited:
Agreed, that is a great calculation on the add ons. I know there was a white one in Fort Collins with similiar equipment this past year and it seemed about 10k more than stock.

You and I are in the same boat! The big question is if you’re going to trade or sell private party. If you’re buying something more expensive and the taxes are high where you live, trading sounds more compelling. I’d take off anything that unbolts easily since you won’t get anything in trade value and sell on this forum or the local CL. Value private party is hard to gauge because bone stock 1 owner 15s are listed right now anywhere from low 50s to low 60s, so how does the market value the mods? Quality mods are generally a good thing on these trucks, and I’d say you can add the cost of the parts, depreciate them 25-50%, and exclude the cost of labor to get into a ballpark figure.

I'm considering selling my 2015 Land Cruiser. It's not an easy decision, but other than LCDC every year, the truck mostly just sits.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I would also add information about the original in service date. You may still have the original 3/36 warranty left but without a doubt the 5/60 powertrain warranty. Buyers value that information.

That's a bummer. Wish I had the money to buy yours -- it would be easier than building up my 2013...

Retail is just over $60K with that mileage.

Now, add up all the upgrades and depreciate those by about 25% and that should be a pretty good starting point.

Any photos? I didn't see any. I want to see this thing!

Retail is just over $60K with that mileage.

Now, add up all the upgrades and depreciate those by about 25% and that should be a pretty good starting point.

Any photos? I didn't see any. I want to see this thing!

Thanks for the responses, definitely helpful info. Yes, I suppose I could find a few pictures lying around! :)

I forgot, I also have a gobi ladder on the back. Post 1 updated.
canyonero.jpg
canyonero tundra wheels.jpg
Canyonero1.jpg

$65k - $68k? Maybe $70k if you find that one buyer...

If you want to part it out, I'd be interested in the skid plates, rear bumper and sliders.

Thanks but I'm definitely not parting it out. It will have to be a package deal to the right buyer who can appreciate what it is.

Here's a bone stock 2015 with 28.8k miles for $63k locally: 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr 4WD Sport Utility

A huge benefit you have besides the low mileage is the fact Slee did all the work. There are few shops if any in the world that know the 200 better and do better work, so it's much more desirable than someone who did the work themselves or had a random 4x4 shop do the work.

@mcgaskins -I saw that one this morning too and thought "wow", that's higher than I would have guessed.

If I go the route of buying - more likely, leasing - a Model X (which is what the wife wants), Tesla has said they will match a CarMax appraisal for any vehicle I trade in. But I highly doubt CarMax would come in anywhere close to private party market value (given that there are really no comps). So I have to do the math on the hit from trade in value vs. sales tax.

But @mcgaskins - thanks for reminding me on the deferment of sales tax if I take a hit on a trade. My county is like 6.75% sales tax, so fairly painful on a new vehicle purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom