95 FZJ80 - 5.3 Vortec 4l60e (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Which muffler is that? Any drone? Any vibes with the dirty dingo engine mounts? Also, do you have a part number for the radiator hoses? Thanks!!

what did you have before versus after in your starter wiring???
What do you mean?
When I first started, I tried to rework the original harness. I scrapped the old harness due to the damage of literally every connector and it was a mess. I ended up going with a PSI harness and my idea was to pin out the systems I need to make it emissions compliant in CO. I changed direction and left it registered in AZ so it was no longer a concern.

Which muffler is that? Any drone? Any vibes with the dirty dingo engine mounts? Also, do you have a part number for the radiator hoses? Thanks!!
Just a multichamber magnaflow muffler with a resonator. I like the sound its quite when cruising and it has some bark when you punch the gas, just enough to tell its not stock. I haven't noticed any vibration with the dirty dingo mounts seem to work good. I'll look for the part number on the hose, I just went with an 04 Silverado upper hose.

What do you mean?
When I first started, I tried to rework the original harness. I scrapped the old harness due to the damage of literally every connector and it was a mess. I ended up going with a PSI harness and my idea was to pin out the systems I need to make it emissions compliant in CO. I changed direction and left it registered in AZ so it was no longer a concern.

the original GM harness?? or the toyota harness?? or a conversion harness?? Just a little confused on why when your turned you key off it wouldnt shut off i am more curious than anything hahahaha

the original GM harness?? or the toyota harness?? or a conversion harness?? Just a little confused on why when your turned you key off it wouldnt shut off i am more curious than anything hahahaha

From my understanding its because I wired the starter wrong. I used the wrong 12v source (Toyota) to power it so it didn't match up with the correct H1N connecter correctly went I went to merge the 2 harnesses. I used the Blk/White wire that came from the trans connector and wired it directly to the starter. Jon ended up reintegrating the transmission connector and I used the stock Toyota PNS and his buddy made a bracket to attach it to the 4L60E. Originally I wasn't going to run the PNS but glad I did...for obvious reasons lol. idk if the makes sense?

Just a multichamber magnaflow muffler with a resonator. I like the sound its quite when cruising and it has some bark when you punch the gas, just enough to tell its not stock. I haven't noticed any vibration with the dirty dingo mounts seem to work good. I'll look for the part number on the hose, I just went with an 04 Silverado upper hose.
Thanks! I've fully rebuilt an lq4/4l80e and am still gathering a few odds and ends before pulling the 1fzfe. Threads like these are extremely helpful!!

Nice to get a little dirt on the tires today! Trucks been running good! The power steering seems to be making quite a bit of noise now not sure if its just the GM P/S Pump going out or another issue. Also getting more driveline vibration at 50mph - 70mph but hoping that will be fixed with the suspension.... Just swapped out the old wheels that had a -12 Offset to a 0 offset. For whatever reason with the -12 is was tracking like crazy all over the highway. Rides like a dream now! Next is the rear bumper, sliders and ARB goodies....
IMG_20171111_110457.jpg

IMG_20171111_110425.jpg

Updates... Good and the bad...
3 starters later after intermitted no starts and only a single click when I turn the key. I decided to replace all of the battery cables as I used the stock GM ones like a cheapo, turned out I had "slightly" corroded cables.

Replace the front drive shaft I had built as "Amy" decided to spit it out coming back from Flagstaff 2 weekends ago. Turns out the once I had built when I lived in Colorado was garbage.

Ended up also adding the Iron Man cater correction plates and replacing the rear U-joints. Still getting a bit of deceleration vibration and noise around 60-70mph so I figured it would justify buying the 4x4 labs rear bumper to help weight the back to level the rig out... sorta helped.

Might end up putting a lighter spring in the back currently running the J's with a heavy spring. New problem is my tie rod hits the control arm so next on the list is the Slee control arm and scrapping the plates. Also ordering adjustable panhards and rear adjustable arms.
Anyone looking for Ironman Caster correction plates DM me.

Regardless here are some pics of the rig as of yesterday while waiting at the airport to pick up a friend. Figured the sunset would provide ideal lighting for a photo shoot hahaha.

IMG_20180312_181537.jpg

IMG_20180312_181554.jpg
IMG_20180312_180211.jpg

For your vibration, what is the angle of your front pinion at ride Height?
Not sure I need to take a look at that when I get a chance after work tonight.. I ended up ordering the Slee control arms and the adjustable rear. Everything at this point is pointing towards incorrect angles.

Thanks for the thread, very helpful. my 3FE finally bit the dust at 260k, so its time to dive in to the swap. If you were to start all over again, is there anything you would have done differently? how is the transmission for you? I was considering using the 6L80e instead, from zero gravity, hopefully ready to plug and play... also am considering using painless wiring or paying someone to complete some electrical, since this tends to be the main way I get stalled out on swaps.

Thanks for the thread, very helpful. my 3FE finally bit the dust at 260k, so its time to dive in to the swap. If you were to start all over again, is there anything you would have done differently? how is the transmission for you? I was considering using the 6L80e instead, from zero gravity, hopefully ready to plug and play... also am considering using painless wiring or paying someone to complete some electrical, since this tends to be the main way I get stalled out on swaps.

If I were to do it all again I would have just bought the PSI wiring harness from the get to and just done the stand alone instead of trying to make it emissions compliant. The wiring took up so much time but fortunately I had some help from Rockjock82, which I am very grateful for. There are a lot of people on here that have a lot of knowledge and there are some people on this forum that are complete idiots so knowing who to listen to is key...

Personally I think the 4L60e is great, I actually have the 4L65e in it now. I personally don't think there is that much of an advantage to putting a 4L80 in it when it comes to just wheelin and having fun. I know some might disagree and thats fine but I am happy with the 4L60E or 4L65E. I added a shift kit and I have HP Tuners and can make adjustments, so I've yet to run into a situation where I am like "Dammit should have swapped a 4l80". For whatever its worth.

As for the Tilden Motorsports set up, it seems like a great package!!! I wish I would have known about it earlier! I bought my engine and trans for $1800 with 88k and then rebuilt the trans with a shift kit (add another $300-400) and bought the PSI harness for $650. So definitely a great value IMO compared to how I did it.

Is it not worth it to keep oe tranny? 4L60E sounds good
Don't know all their weak points- my buddy owned a transmission shop and made much$$ replacing Reaction Shells-HUNDREDS of them- you loose OD and Reverse when the splines shear. PWM TC sometimes burned up the TC clutch or caused excess heat and more items. aftermarket shells- PWM elimination kits- bigger servos and some other upgrades I believe made them very rugged for towing etc. in stock applications. Likely lots available for HP use too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom