95 FZJ80 - 5.3 Vortec 4l60e (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There is a pretty good wiring diagram on here somewhere. I have to work right now but if someone else does not post the link....I will try to find it later

you can get some spark plug boot/cable heat shields from NAPA... that are what some people call the "sock" type....keeps the stuff from melting.

Amazon.com: Heatshield Products 402004 Insul-Boot Black 1" ID x 8" Long Spark Plug Boot Heat Shield: Automotive

I pasted a link of amazon for a similar product.... I've used the ones from NAPA for some time on my 5.7...good investment. You can find these on summit and other web sites too.

I would get some some up front...otherwise you will cook your plug wires with the headers..

I just talked to Tor from Tor fab. He said that the electric motor for the Tcase has its own controller and that the wiring can be stripped from the 1fz harness and reused. I sold my 1fz with the harness so now I have to make mine:bang:

I just talked to Tor from Tor fab. He said that the electric motor for the Tcase has its own controller and that the wiring can be stripped from the 1fz harness and reused. I sold my 1fz with the harness so now I have to make mine:bang:

That's what I was told when I began my build I kept mine and stripped it down. I'll try to keep my eye out for one.

Yes you needed wiring from the ih1 ih2 connectors for
Tcase and sensor function

Yes you needed wiring from the ih1 ih2 connectors for
Tcase and sensor function
I have an extra tcase harness... I'm in Parker.

I don't think I pulled it all the way to the ECU connectors, but it may prove helpful to you.

Still finishing up the wiring..
c3po.png

I was thinking of putting the excel I am using into google sheets and sharing it here for others to use and edit. Anyone have thoughts?

I've been super busy and totally neglected this build forum.... Heres where am I at
20160709_112339.jpg

Finished installing the Walbro 225 and installed a new harness as well.

Currently finishing up the exhaust. I decided to go under the oil pan with the exhaust and do more a 2 in 1 from the center dumps and then rerouting the 3 in piping along the stock path. At least that is the plan...

20161005_183626.jpg
20161005_183632.jpg
IMG_20161008_144914_01.jpeg

Also making the radiator shroud for the 4core radiator I installed. I should be done with the shroud tomorrow and waiting on more bends to come in for the exhaust. I still haven't decided on a muffler.
20161016_180003.jpg

20161015_171534.jpg

I will put up my wiring diagram when I finish up the dash. I ran into an issue when I test started the engine, starts up great but wouldn't turn off with the key. I ended up pulling the alt wire to turn it off but it definitely got the heart pumping.

Last edited:
I bet your heart was pumping!!!!

I lost some momentum on this build and asked @RockJock82 to help me out with more then a few of the loose ends. Extremely grateful he helped me out! He ended up rewiring the starter and 12v key path as it was incorrect and I couldn't turn the cruiser off after starting lol.. After cleaning up my mess on the electrical we ended up rebuilding the trans again.. because of a bad pump. We ended up upgrading the parts and adding a shift kit as I regretted not doing in the first pass rebuilding the transmission. I ended up scraping the crossover exhaust idea and going with the traditional dual 2.25 crossed over at the transfercase into 3in out. I am sure there are quite a few other things I am not giving him credit for but he really saved the day.
IMG_20170812_173149_01.jpg
IMG_20170812_173151_01.jpg
IMG_20170812_173152_01.jpg
IMG_20170812_173153_01.jpg

IMG_20170812_173155_01.jpg

Still a few things to do:
Finish connecting the air cleaner
I need to adjust the tune with HPTuners and shift points
Redo the fan shroud
Wrap the all the lines close to the exhaust
Pipe the AC

Overall I've been driving this thing around town when its not 100+ and in love with the power its a completely different animal!

Few things I would change are the headers I ended up wrapping them to keep the heat down as they fried a set of spark plug wires. I ended up replacing them with the Accel 9000 ceramic plug wires so we will see how they hold up. I also wrapped the headers and replaced the exhaust gasket as mine has a small leak.

Aside from that its hard not smashing on the gas!

Last edited:
what did you have before versus after in your starter wiring???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom