YotaMD Titanium Integrated Remote Key Fob Shell (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Already ordered one but could you post a pic with yours next to the OEM version for a size comparison?

Great looking, functional upgrade!

Great idea. I hadn't actually compared the two. The YotaMD Titanium shell is a little shorter and very slightly less wide. Thickness appears to be identical.

The big clumsy plastic loop for the keyring on the factory shell really adds bulk (and also seemed to bend my key rings). The YotaMD shell has the Titanium keyring hole with a narrow metal band to work the keyring on. It's keyring friendly. :)

size-comp.jpg

size-comp2.jpg

size-comp3.jpg

Wow! I would have guessed that we were getting a larger fob from the pics with no comparison. Glad it's going to be smaller yet infinitely better. Again, great product. Thanks.

Update: Clear Coat!

I'll be clearcoating all colors other than black unless otherwise requested. This will greatly improve color over the long term and adds depth to the color. It is a matte clear coat, but does still add some gloss. Examples of the Original YotaMD shell below. Cleared on the upper left, as printed lower right. I will be leaving black as is because the black color stays very well and doesn't show dirt.

clearcoated.jpg

Update to keep everyone in the loop: First small batch of plastics will be delivered to me early next week. I'll be able to fulfill some orders at that time.

Additional titanium sheets are on their way, with cutting services queued up. Large order of plastics are set for delivery to me throughout the next 7-10 days.

I expect to have all orders placed up through yesterday shipped out to customers the week of Aug 28-31.

I am confused. Are the shells plastic or titanium?

Also do you have a step by step instructions?

I am confused. Are the shells plastic or titanium?

Also do you have a step by step instructions?

In the first post pictures you'll see a picture of it with a brief explanation. There are multiple layers of titanium with plastic shell halves front and back. The titanium layers surround the key blade and the keyring is also in the titanium.

For instructions I'll do a video and post it here, on my site and YouTube!

For instructions I'll do a video and post it here, on my site and YouTube!

Please let me know when you have the instructions posted. I would like one & it is not a matter of the cost but, even the easiest projects always have a tendency to snowball on me.

The first time I saw your product was at HIH7. Excellent work! Are you using a SLS process for printing the cases? I have 2 FDM machines at work for quick prototypes and can improve the finish of the printed parts if I momentarily dip them in acetone. Have you tried this with your cases? Are they made of a material susceptible to dissolving from acetone?

Please let me know when you have the instructions posted. I would like one & it is not a matter of the cost but, even the easiest projects always have a tendency to snowball on me.

I think anyone here should have no trouble with this, provided you've got a pair of hands capable of using a small hex wrench and screwdriver. I just ran through an assembly in about 2 minutes. It's a quick process once you have the metal key blade out of your old key. Sometimes the metal just falls out and sometimes it's still stuck in the OEM plastic shell. If you have to remove the blade from the OEM shell I think some abuse with a pair of pliers or even a hammer and screwdriver would be fine to get it free.

The video should help show what you're up against.

The first time I saw your product was at HIH7. Excellent work! Are you using a SLS process for printing the cases? I have 2 FDM machines at work for quick prototypes and can improve the finish of the printed parts if I momentarily dip them in acetone. Have you tried this with your cases? Are they made of a material susceptible to dissolving from acetone?

Thanks! It is SLS nylon. I haven't tried acetone. I like the material finish as is on the black and the other colors take the clear coat really well so I haven't pursued any further surface finish treatments. Since it's really high quality SLS the step lines are barely there.

Great idea. I hadn't actually compared the two. The YotaMD Titanium shell is a little shorter and very slightly less wide. Thickness appears to be identical.

The big clumsy plastic loop for the keyring on the factory shell really adds bulk (and also seemed to bend my key rings). The YotaMD shell has the Titanium keyring hole with a narrow metal band to work the keyring on. It's keyring friendly. :)

View attachment 1515658

View attachment 1515659

View attachment 1515660

Damn, side by side yours makes the OE keyfob look like ass.

UPS came up with a really interesting route for the titanium sheets so the first big batch of orders shipping out might be delayed. My ground shipment is looking like it'll take over 10 days to arrive in Colorado from California.

California to Massachusetts to Colorado? Not the path I'd have chosen, haha.

Everything else is on schedule for shipments going out late next week. We should have a bunch of 100 series folks with rugged remote keys soon!

UPS tracking.JPG

Very Cool! Ordering one at the end of the month! Great innovation.

UPS came up with a really interesting route for the titanium sheets so the first big batch of orders shipping out might be delayed. My ground shipment is looking like it'll take over 10 days to arrive in Colorado from California.

California to Massachusetts to Colorado? Not the path I'd have chosen, haha.

Everything else is on schedule for shipments going out late next week. We should have a bunch of 100 series folks with rugged remote keys soon!

View attachment 1522142

I FedEx'd an overnight package to a client once (I live in Austin, he lived in Temple...1 hour north of Austin). Fed Ex took it from Austin to DFW then on to Memphis, back then to DFW and then on a truck to Temple (2 hours SOUTH of Dallas). To their credit, the package did arrive the next day. But, talk about going the loooooooong way.

Clarification question, i guess there wouldn't be any issue with fitment from the laser cut key compared to a traditional key?

Clarification question, i guess there wouldn't be any issue with fitment from the laser cut key compared to a traditional key?

Good question. Both styles are the same dimensions in all the keys I've seen. All 100 series and Lexus vehicles with this style remote should have a blade with identical dimensions. If there's any surprise difference I'll correct for it immediately, but all my research shows all these 3 button remotes use the same blade dimensions in all 100 series and the various Lexus vehicles.

ordered one in the green.

When are you going to upload your how to video?

When are you going to upload your how to video?

Before units are shipped for sure. I want to include the new revision titanium pieces so the video shows exactly what you'll receive, but the titanium has been delayed by UPS. I hope to get the titanium late this week and get a video out early to mid next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom