How much toe in are you running (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am wondering how much toe in the folks on here are running. I have 315's and 75mm lift. The truck seems to be tracking straight, but it follows the road readily. I am going to check my settings tomorrow with the technique @Tools R Us describes in the FAQ. I thought while I'm in there if the toe is neutral I might try and adjust it in. So what are you guys using and what is your measurement in inches ?

I run 315s on a 3" lift also.
I have tried from 3/16 to 0. Negative toe can make it track the road but once you get past 0 it mostly goes away. I'm currently at about 3/32 as that's what I have typically run on previous vehicles.
More important than toe is caster. This made the biggest difference to my 80. So much nicer to drive with correct caster.
I didn't even think of was bad until I fixed it. Worlds apart!

You don't want inches of toe-in. I'm running 35's and run about 1/16th of an inch toe-in - tracks straight. 1/8 inch is pretty aggressive.

I was referring to the distance between the measuring bars. Somewhere close to the 60'' mark I would guess. But the 1/16 is a good number. Thank you.

I run 315s on a 3" lift also.
I have tried from 3/16 to 0. Negative toe can make it track the road but once you get past 0 it mostly goes away. I'm currently at about 3/32 as that's what I have typically run on previous vehicles.
More important than toe is caster. This made the biggest difference to my 80. So much nicer to drive with correct caster.
I didn't even think of was bad until I fixed it. Worlds apart!

I have castor correction on my rig. Agree, it makes a huge difference.

I magnetically place 2 36" pieces of steel angle iron on the front brake rotors. I then adjust the toe so there is 1/8" difference between the front and rear tips of those bars with the front measuring less.

I place the truck on jack stands at the same height as when the tires are on it and make sure the bars are level and the tires pointing straight ahead.

For a point of reference, an old-timer once told me on the solid axle trucks the alignment machine would shoot for 1/8" of toe-in per mile.

When I do mine, I start measure same points on the tread on front and rear of the front tires and shoot for 1/16" difference between them. However, I will typically still take my truck to an alignment shop to get it adjusted since that is much more accurate.

I magnetically place 2 36" pieces of steel angle iron on the front brake rotors. I then adjust the toe so there is 1/8" difference between the front and rear tips of those bars with the front measuring less.

I place the truck on jack stands at the same height as when the tires are on it and make sure the bars are level and the tires pointing straight ahead.

▲This will provide the most accurate measurement and best results for the DYI

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom