Cummins to Offer Create Engines to Market (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Taken as well!

A sub 3.0 4 cylinder turbo diesel that makes about 160hp and over 350 tq would suit a 60 series poerfedtly.

Something with good oem quality balancing and resistance to NVH.

Thanks for the heads up. Survey taken.

Survey taken and voted for the 4 cylinder, though the I-6 would be fine if it was not at the upper range of the torque.

I voted for the 4 cyl. I don't see any reason where 'I' would be using all the torque that the 6 would offer. The Ram 3500 is capable of 30K, the frame, rear end and suspension can handle it. Moreover those trucks need heavy loads. Not that a cruiser can't handle anything you put behind it (within reason) but I feel the I4 is more than adequate for the GVWR with towing in a 60 or 80.

I'd like to see @proffittscruisers or someone else develop an adaptor plate for our transmissions once Cummins decisions which engine will hit the market. It will definitely be exciting to see who gets to market first.

I voted for the 4 cyl. I don't see any reason where 'I' would be using all the torque that the 6 would offer. The Ram 3500 is capable of 30K, the frame, rear end and suspension can handle it. Moreover those trucks need heavy loads. Not that a cruiser can't handle anything you put behind it (within reason) but I feel the I4 is more than adequate for the GVWR with towing in a 60 or 80.

I'd like to see @proffittscruisers or someone else develop an adaptor plate for our transmissions once Cummins decisions which engine will hit the market. It will definitely be exciting to see who gets to market first.

I filled out the survey a year ago. Motor trend has an episode of dirt every day where they explain the engine and put the 2.8 into a wrangler.
It looks like a cracking engine.
It will probably be my trucks replacement engine.
Toyota diesels are way too overpriced

I took the survey.

Truth be told I'd opt for one of these over a 12ht if I ever do another diesel swap. The only downside is the electronic control aspect of the cummins, but thats definitely not a deal breaker.

Would be really cool if they made 2 versions of the I6, a smaller (4- 5L) and then one like the 6.7L...

I have not seen that survey!! Just filled it out.

If Cummins offered a crate 5.9 or 6.7 I wouldn't hesitate to buy it to replace the powerstroke in my Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom