1984 BJ42LX in Dublin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks minty fresh:clap: Excellent job! Just dropped off front seats to Auto Trimmer hope to have back in a week or so. Bit O Luck
he still had same colour in stock. Got to love a hoarder. Rig looks really great, hope your having a great time turning heads Cheers
Thanks, really happy with how it turned out, yea , those trim shops are amazing the amount of fabric they hoard!!!
Still lots to do under the hood and inside.
Looking forward to see your journey to getting her finished, looks great so far. Guess you are gearing up the GS for the summer, sadly, I am packing mine away for the winter.

All the best

Hi Frank, Aim is to complete tidy up before xmas (this one coming) have a roll cage being modified to be square at the back so I can
soft top it next year after saving up $$ so this years aim is to be able to get a bit of bush time in over the xmas break.
You shoud'nt pack away! find a muddy lane or two have some fun. That's what it's all about;) Cheers

Hey Sport 40, Melbourne boy myself (frankston) I think I have shed envy:( That space is huge!! Looks more like a show room.

Last few days of summer in Dublin, winter begins on Sunday. Not a lot to update really, getting new barrel on back door lock. I knew the back right door was not original because it didn't have the holes for the LX door card, different colour under door latch , looks like this door was off a Beige 40.
Starting on the interior, carpets, seat belts etc soon.

Few pics of earlier today, diehard U2 fans will recognise the chimney stacks in the background !!!!!!!

IMG_2082.JPG

IMG_2089.JPG

IMG_2084.JPG

IMG_2086.JPG

Hey Frank, seats back & look minty fresh:) took old massive bull bar off & have sourced a original front bumper (think I heard a sigh as it came off) now looking for the mounts:confused: putting sound deadening material on roof this weekend, patching a few holes then cutting & welding a few new pieces in, so paint close;) Cheers having fun on your cold wet windy beaches average temp here should be about 30 to 35 degrees Celsius.
Will spend most of summer in shorts & a singlet:steer: Cheers

Hey Frank, seats back & look minty fresh:) took old massive bull bar off & have sourced a original front bumper (think I heard a sigh as it came off) now looking for the mounts:confused: putting sound deadening material on roof this weekend, patching a few holes then cutting & welding a few new pieces in, so paint close;) Cheers having fun on your cold wet windy beaches average temp here should be about 30 to 35 degrees Celsius.
Will spend most of summer in shorts & a singlet:steer: Cheers

Good stuff, post a few pics of your progress, by the way, ABS pump/motor gone on my GS, our German main dealer friends are looking for approx 1300 sterling for new unit, its a common fault with the GS as you are probably aware?
Not worth it for an 07 model, can get a refurb unit for approx 300 or ride without ABS? Would normally turn it off if I was going off road in any case, but a handy piece of kit for the wet icy roads in front of me for the next 5 months at least,
All the best, keep in touch.

Hey mate, have to wait with pics as have exceeded my newbie pic post so am blocked from up loading pics for a while:confused: Cheers

Hi,
Need some help/advice:
I noticed when I bought the 40 that a knocking/thumping noise came from the engine bay a few times after I had driven for half an hour or so, it went when I pressed the clutch in. That was about a year ago now and I had forgot about it. It wasn't there on every trip, probably safe to say when everything warmed up. I believe the knock/thump got faster with speed. Anyway, I thought it was something that was loose that the guys in the garage had sorted before I got t back a few weeks ago. However, its back again. Same as last time, only happens when engine warms up and goes when I clutch? Drive for 30 minutes, after 10 mins knock appears, parked up for an hour, no knock on return journey. It sounds like more of a thump than an engine knock?
Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Thank you

Only thing I can suggest without actually being there is to work through it logically. Sounds like its related to the clutch in some way. Could be anything really. Loose mount or bolt or even a muffler hanger that changes with heat level. If you narrow down what affect things like power on, power off, accelerating, decelerating, coasting and clutch in/out have on the sound you may be able to pinpoint it. Crawl under and poke around for a while. Look for loose stuff.

Only thing I can suggest without actually being there is to work through it logically. Sounds like its related to the clutch in some way. Could be anything really. Loose mount or bolt or even a muffler hanger that changes with heat level. If you narrow down what affect things like power on, power off, accelerating, decelerating, coasting and clutch in/out have on the sound you may be able to pinpoint it. Crawl under and poke around for a while. Look for loose stuff.

Thank you,
Yes, I guess its just a matter of eliminating possible causes and take it from there, just hoping its nothing serious
:beer:

Does anyone think the guy in the yellow cab might have a blind spot on his cab, check out his wing mirrors, also seems to have a communication problem and fear of fire !!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_2131.JPG

IMG_2134.JPG

IMG_2135.JPG

Too late, I am afraid, that was more or less the last pieces i needed, I have nothing against aftermarket, but OEM is way to go if possible on weatherstripping , have taken the pain already !!!!. Thanks
Did you buy those from your local dealer in Ireland? Have a BJ42 myself and will be looking for some parts in Ireland, located in Wicklow.
Nice rig btw

Did you buy those from your local dealer in Ireland? Have a BJ42 myself and will be looking for some parts in Ireland, located in Wicklow.
Nice rig btw

Hi,
Yes, bought most of the stuff at Denis Mahony, main TO dealer on the M50, really quick shipping times, no more than 10 days from order, good guys, they will get the 42 parts up on screen to make sure you are ordering the right piece.
If you buy enough off them, they will discount you as well ?
Ticket price is same as online OEM stuff, but you don't get hit the shipping and import fees when you buy abroad?
Keep in touch

Hi,
Yes, bought most of the stuff at Denis Mahony, main TO dealer on the M50, really quick shipping times, no more than 10 days from order, good guys, they will get the 42 parts up on screen to make sure you are ordering the right piece.
If you buy enough off them, they will discount you as well ?
Ticket price is same as online OEM stuff, but you don't get hit the shipping and import fees when you buy abroad?
Keep in touch
Thanks GS, will give them a try. Mine is in getting the clutch repaired but I am looking forward to getting it out on the road once its ready and the weather improves!! Maybe the we can have a BJ40/42 meet some day! All the best

Thanks GS, will give them a try. Mine is in getting the clutch repaired but I am looking forward to getting it out on the road once its ready and the weather improves!! Maybe the we can have a BJ40/42 meet some day! All the best
No problem , wether is crap at the moment, let me know when you are up for a meet, all the best

Any tips on installing these , thanks ?
IMG_0018.JPG

Finally figured out how to install these guys, three bolts on interior header and header trim pops out.

IMG_0116.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

IMG_0119.JPG

IMG_0125.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom