1987 FJ60 Build in GA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Chris8760

SILVER Star
Threads
So I posted in the FJ60 register thread last month. Finally making some progress. The truck has been in the good hands of the crew at ACC Toyota here in Atlanta. Will have plenty more photos to share- below is the desmog on the 2F, with all new belts, hoses, and they've managed to powder coat just about anything they could get their hands on.

Freeborn red wasn't my top choice during my 60 search, but now that I've had the truck I wouldn't have it any other way. The paint's original and holding up well.

Having an issue sourcing the full Ironman lift (can't find rear foam cell shocks anywhere...), which is disappointing. We've decided to give TJM a shot for shocks/springs on the Ironman 2" lift. Not much I can find on TJM in the forum or the web... Would be great to hear from anyone with similar issues sourcing Ironman or experience with TJM. The lead time on TJM XGS Golds through Summit Racing was still over a month.

More pics and updates to come- have a set of Hella 500ff's, new Pioneer Bluetooth radio, and a littleseats.com custom third row seat all waiting to be installed. Thinking of Dynamat'ing the truck... Is this a one weekend job?

image.jpg

So I posted in the FJ60 register thread last month. Finally making some progress. The truck has been in the good hands of the crew at ACC Toyota here in Atlanta. Will have plenty more photos to share- below is the desmog on the 2F, with all new belts, hoses, and they've managed to powder coat just about anything they could get their hands on.

Freeborn red wasn't my top choice during my 60 search, but now that I've had the truck I wouldn't have it any other way. The paint's original and holding up well.

Having an issue sourcing the full Ironman lift (can't find rear foam cell shocks anywhere...), which is disappointing. We've decided to give TJM a shot for shocks/springs on the Ironman 2" lift. Not much I can find on TJM in the forum or the web... Would be great to hear from anyone with similar issues sourcing Ironman or experience with TJM. The lead time on TJM XGS Golds through Summit Racing was still over a month.

More pics and updates to come- have a set of Hella 500ff's, new Pioneer Bluetooth radio, and a littleseats.com custom third row seat all waiting to be installed. Thinking of Dynamat'ing the truck... Is this a one weekend job?

How about Camel 4x4 for the shocks?

Zack

Freeborn red is an awesome, that's what mine is :grinpimp:

With the dynamating it'll take you all weekend to remove everything, lay it and put it all back together, but well worth it, mine is so much quieter :D

Hope my engine bay comes up that clean:cheers:

Well I tried both Camel and TPI with no success. Camel's website is "closed for construction" and the 1-800 number won't ring. Called TPI and learned they sell exclusively OME. The search continues... If I can't locate them, the TJM's will be here in about two weeks.

In other news... The 8" wide charcoal Tuffy console showed up from JT Outfitters after being on back order for about two months- no fault of JT's! Couldn't find one anywhere until Tuffy caught up.

Picked her up from ACC today. They do amazing work and are great people- now wearing 33x10.50's on a full Ironman 2.5" lift. Most of the work was under the good and underneath- More pictures to follow and projects to start, but today my priority is putting some miles on it!
image.jpg

Very nice! finally driving a truck once ACC's had their hands on it is always a great time. Congrats!

I have an 8 passenger 60...

8 as long as a few are small ones... I installed the third row seat yesterday. Measured ten times and drilled once for each hole- the instructions were spot on. This seat is solid- well made and the bracket system is extremely strong. Looks great!

www.littleseats.com

image.jpg

Please if you can post report and first impressions on the iron man suspension that would be great... what load range springs did you end up with? Thanx sweet rig btw...best color :)

ACC does great work indeed. Your 60 looks a lot like my 60. I'm near Athens.

The Ironman setup is great- the foam cell shocks make for a comfortable ride. I don't know how it would compare to OME light or medium duty- this is my first 60, so don't have much to compare it to. I do know it didn't settle one bit with the third row seat installed.

I finished the Hella 500ff fog light install. I think they came out great- after a lot of searching online for just the right switch, I ultimately found a perfect fit for $8 at Advanced 5 minutes down the road. I guess that's what people did before the internet.... I drilled a hole through the black blank next to the steering column.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom