GWNF in June? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

what trail was this? Looks like I missed out on some good stuff....

This is the infamous Dictum. This is really the bypass that did not exist few years back. The other side is the deadly ledge. As Dave pointed out, picture does not do justice for that ledge. I wanted to go up through the bypass but did not have the guts to try the ledge. I was hoping either Bob or Dale would show us how it would have been done :D. I've got too many Bad memories on that ledge:D

47b7d703b3127ccec279e719b18500000016100AZtm7Fq1bsWIPbz4W
47b7d703b3127ccec279adc5304c00000016100AZtm7Fq1bsWIPbz4W

47b7d703b3127ccec2785fb1913d00000015100AZtm7Fq1bsWIPbz4W
47b7d703b3127ccec2790043700400000016100AZtm7Fq1bsWIPbz4W

47b7d703b3127ccec279695f30b400000016100AZtm7Fq1bsWIPbz4W

Last edited:
ah yes....I remember seeing those pictures...glad you guys stayed down on the rubber.

It is good to know that there is a bypass...I'll have to hit that trail. It should be right off of 33 then, right?

bk

Damn, I'm jealous. It looks like the trails I've run have gotten more interesting, plus y'all did Dictum, which I've never gotten the chance to do. AND you had more cruisers down in GWNF than I've seen down there in years.

And why did I miss all of this, you might ask..... so I could come in to the office on Saturday and do NOTHING. Supposed to test a new database system before it went live today. It didn't even work enough to get in to test it. But the client (Fed. govt) had us wait around for 7 hours before they came to that conclusion themselves. :mad:

Fawkers.

Looks like you guys had a great time! I hate that I couldn't join you. I just couldn't swing it. For starters, my wife and I have a baby due in 4 days now!! Plus my 40 was down with a damaged tie rod up until Sat. :frown: [I would have been tempted if it weren't for that. ;)]

I'd love to join you in the fall. :)

For those that didn't make this trip, We'll have a group of cruisers making a similar outing the last weekend of this month. If you'd like to join us, we'd love to have you along. We'll be doing a three day weekend of wheeling, and camping, also in the GWNF. We're also going to do a James river float around Scottsville. [Sorry for the hi-jack] Looking forward to meeting some of you in the near future! :cheers: Scott

....For those that didn't make this trip, We'll have a group of cruisers making a similar outing the last weekend of this month. If you'd like to join us, we'd love to have you along. We'll be doing a three day weekend of wheeling, and camping, also in the GWNF.....

So, that would be the 27-29?

Great Pics guys, sorry I missed it. I also spent the weekend at work testing a new data base that was loaded on Friday.

Was the gate open at 33 for Dictum or did you come down the long way (from the top)?

The entrance to the Dictum (from the bottom) is off off 33 but it is through a private property, I think. Hard to tell when it's going to be open/closed. Might not be a bad idea to ensure first before driving in there (easy for some one local to check it out first). We went up to the second mountain entrance first, which was closed, then turned around went through the L O N G run road. Man I hate that road, it's just way too long. I don't have fillings in my teeth (yet) but I am sure they would come loose :lol:.

The entrance to the Dictum (from the bottom) is off off 33 but it is through a private property, I think. Hard to tell when it's going to be open/closed. Might not be a bad idea to ensure first before driving in there (easy for some one local to check it out first). We went up to the second mountain entrance first, which was closed, then turned around went through the L O N G run road. Man I hate that road, it's just way too long. I don't have fillings in my teeth (yet) but I am sure they would come loose :lol:.

So, which official trails were we actually on, in order? Did the first trail have a name? I'm sooooo confused. Yeah, my nuts are somewhere on the the "L O N G run" road. :eek:

So, which official trails were we actually on, in order? Did the first trail have a name? I'm sooooo confused. Yeah, my nuts are somewhere on the the "L O N G run" road. :eek:

I know Dictum well enough for obvious reason :), other than that I am very bad with names and couldn't tell you the names of the trails we did. I think right before we went through Dictum, we did the power line trail(s). Before that we were in that river trail. Jesse had the map, may be he can chime in.

Bob/BK? One of you must know the names.

the first one has multiple names, but I usually refer to it at the Dry River Trail or mud holes...

then the power lines on Second Mountain,

then Dictum Ridge.

Kephart Run Trail would'be been one other trail possibility to run...

bk

Looks like it was a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing your pics guys.

Those pictures are fantastic! I really wish I could have made it....

Great job Dave!

Damn, I'll be out of town. I think there's a conspiracy to keep me from wheeling. Have you all been talking to my wife?!?! :D

the first one has multiple names, but I usually refer to it at the Dry River Trail or mud holes...
bk

I've also heard it referred to as "Salt Shed," but I like "Mud Holes." Sums it up nicely.

I've also heard it referred to as "Salt Shed," but I like "Mud Holes." Sums it up nicely.

salt shed is another name, but really throws some people off now that the salt shed fell down (and somehow, a redneck hasn't burnt it up yet)

bk

salt shed is another name, but really throws some people off now that the salt shed fell down (and somehow, a redneck hasn't burnt it up yet)

bk

Ooops, I didn't know that it fell down. Shows how long it's been for me. :doh:

looks like a good time fella's.

sorry I missed the wheelin.

not sorry I missed the heat............................

For those that didn't make this trip, We'll have a group of cruisers making a similar outing the last weekend of this month. If you'd like to join us, we'd love to have you along. We'll be doing a three day weekend of wheeling, and camping, also in the GWNF. We're also going to do a James river float around Scottsville. [Sorry for the hi-jack] Looking forward to meeting some of you in the near future! :cheers: Scott

I am interested. I heard of James River but never been there. It would be again a day trip for us. Please post up meeting plan and locations (preferably in a new thread).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom