checking in... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

Have some good/fun news. Haven't seen you all in a while, so I wanted to share. A few of you met my sons at Roush Creek and that "camp in a field with Tracy Barker" years ago, well "the middle child" is now 17 and has been doing well in school, he learned to drive manual trans at my insistence and is enjoying our 2020 Kia ForteGT in which all 3 of my kids will share to learn stick. But he loves fishing, skiing, biking and keeps asking me "who's getting your truck in the will?" (little bastard). He started junior year of highschool in fall of 2023. He would say in passing: "I hate plastic cars, I want a real car/truck [when he passes down the kia to his little sister]".

So in August of 2023, knowing how critical junior year grades are to college (and learning the skills of studying and time management) I said in passing: "if you get a 4.0, I'll get you a minitruck".

Well, he "made the grade" and killed his SATs, so next week we'll be taking possession of a gen1 4runner. "just" an IFS (not early solid axle) and no desire for a SAS, but a 22RE and good shape overall... but with non-pristine body panels so no fear of scratching a mint truck. I'll get him out to a local ride this spring to break his cherry. These things are getting harder to find at decent prices so glad to have found one after secretly hunting for a while.

Hope you guys are well and see you at Kilroys in a few weeks.

-Fernando/hak

Welp, the 4runner we had picked out never happened. Had a handshake and inspected the truck. Seller backed out. Oh well.

Patience.... We kept the search up balancing price vs. rust and dumdum mods, and are happy to report we just won this BAT auction: 1987 Toyota 4Runner SR5 5-Speed - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1987-toyota-4runner-48/

It'll be more ready to drive out the gate and bonus, manual trans (it's like an antitheft device, only 1 of his classmates can drive stick).

Nice truck!

Welp, the 4runner we had picked out never happened. Had a handshake and inspected the truck. Seller backed out. Oh well.

Patience.... We kept the search up balancing price vs. rust and dumdum mods, and are happy to report we just won this BAT auction: 1987 Toyota 4Runner SR5 5-Speed - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1987-toyota-4runner-48/

It'll be more ready to drive out the gate and bonus, manual trans (it's like an antitheft device, only 1 of his classmates can drive stick).
Fantastic.

Looks like a winner. :clap:

New home

IMG_4731.jpeg

IMG_4730.jpeg

IMG_4729.jpeg

That’s going to make your son a nice ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom