Mall Crawlers in Moab - 2023 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Starting this thread now and I’ll add to it throughout my trip. I’ve been posting some to Instagram as well. I’ll give you a little teaser of how things are going so far.

IMG_9685.jpeg
IMG_9934.jpeg
IMG_0371.jpeg
IMG_0367.jpeg
IMG_0338.jpeg

Moab day 1: Hell’s Revenge. This was the warmup. It really is an easy trail with bypasses for the fun stuff, but riding on top of the fins and the famous obstacles to try are unlike anything else I’ve found. It’s a trail I don’t mind repeating and for those that are in Moab for the first time it’s a must.

@lacefro @FJEchoWhiskey

IMG_9830.jpeg

IMG_9847.jpeg

IMG_9865.jpeg

IMG_9884.jpeg

IMG_9904.jpeg

Great pics and sounds like a blast. When I bought my 80 last summer in AZ, my wife and I drove it cross country to get it home and spent the first weekend in Sedona. I really wanted to try some of the trails there, and Broken Arrow was one of the best known right off. I chickened out with the 80, but being only 3 days in my possession and filled to the brim in the rear with all of the loose parts and spares that came with it, I didn't drive it myself. We also had another 2600+ miles out of the 3k mile trip to complete! We did take a Pink Jeep tour with another couple and had a blast. The young driver (to us at 30) said that the rocks there are really like sandpaper and super grippy compared to what we are used to on the east coast.

We also came across a group with some well equipped Tacos that were taking a world tour and had come up from Argentina...they loved Broken Arrow and were heading to Moab on the next leg.

Damage report: The FJC was very fortunate. It needs a taillight and mirror, but both were still functional after recovery. One small scratch on the paint that should buff out.

What I think happened: Erich rolled through the bowl (the “hard part”) so easily that we both got distracted with his success. As he kept climbing the drivers front climbed the wall at the exact same time the drivers rear came off the same wall. The front of the FJC climbed up the wall straight to the sky. The front climbed so quickly as the rear fell off that he really didn’t have time to react and correct. Do The Escalator, they said. Paul will spot you, they said. It will be fun, they said.

IMG_9992.jpeg
IMG_9993.jpeg

IMG_9994.jpeg

IMG_9995.jpeg

IMG_9996.jpeg

The Trifecta

Part 1: Poison Spider

This is still my favorite section of trail in Moab. We breezed through it because the second two trails when linked with PS on this day were supposed to take us 12-16 hours. We hit the PS trailhead by 0745.

IMG_0037.jpeg

IMG_0039.jpeg

IMG_0043.jpeg

IMG_0063.jpeg

IMG_0074.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom