PCV valveon a 62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Forgive me for my lack of emissions knowledge, but where is the PCV valve on 88 62? I've looked through my FSM, and it shows every other valve except for the PCV. My truck has started idleing very rough, especially today, so I want to check the PCV. Does anyone have a picture of where it is?

Thanks,
Nick

on the rear of the valve cover slightly to the right. Big bent vac tube comming out of it. Buy OEM valve and seal

Check your intake hose for cracks

Last edited:
Thanks Pappy! Man your engine is 100 times cleaner than mine. :eek:

I'm guessing this is it, and that rubber grommet is what also needs to be replaced too?

PCV.jpg

Thanks Pappy! Man your engine is 100 times cleaner than mine. :eek:

I'm guessing this is it, and that rubber grommet is what also needs to be replaced too?

Yep, that's it.

I second the notion to check for cracks in the bellows of the intake tubing. I developed a crack in mine and it just wouldnt run (it had to happen half way through voodoo at paragon too....). If you rev it up do the rpms stay higher when you get off the gas? Mine did when i had the bad leak.

If it is idleing, it will run very rough and almost die, then when you give it gas it will run ok, but it takes a little to get up to speed and then it seems like it idles faster after you let off the gas then it will go right back to running rough and coughing. It actually sounded like it was backfiring after I gave it gas from an idle a little today.

I would definitly look for a vacuum leak. I could limp mine along by pulling out the hand throttle as well.

You can spray starting fluid or something similar at all the vacuum lines and intake hoses to find the leak. If it revs up you found it.

mine has a similar problem. A spongy brake pedal and rough running under 1500 rpm with fully warmed up. It seems to get worse at full operating temp, when the idle speed comes down a bit.

I never though about the PVC valve, I believe there is a procedure for checking it, its somewhere in the FSM. Off the top of my head your supposted to test to see if its a one way valve. Any experts out there know.....?

That sounds exactly like my symptoms. I will get some starting fluid today and check it out. Thanks a bunch.

:beer:

I would definitly look for a vacuum leak. I could limp mine along by pulling out the hand throttle as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom