Registry U.S. 70's Registration. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1998 HZJ75

Purchased in Canberra in 2001. Spent a month kitting it out in Sydney (bull bars, winch, lights, lockers, compressor, heavier suspension, roof rack, roof top tent, 120L water tanks, 2nd battery, fridge, and interior storage). Then about 10 months driving around Australia. Canning Stock Route was the highlight.

Shipped it to Cape Town in 2003. It spent the next 6 years in Africa, mostly Southern Africa - many trips in South Africa, Lesotho, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, and Zambia. Also got up into Malawi, Tanzania, Rwanda, Congo, Uganda, and Kenya, and back down. Mostly stored in Namibia between trips.

Shipped it to the USA in 2009. Had big plans, fixed it all up mechanically for Alaska to Argentina, but life happened. It is currently in storage, awaiting the next big adventure. It has a habit of sending me insulting emails, to goad me into taking off again.

Australia 30-July-2002 DCP: 26 degrees south, 138 degrees east (visit #2) - https://www.confluence.org/confluence.php?visitid=5755

TroopyOz.jpeg

Namibia 10-Nov-2003 DCP: 19 degrees south, 13 degrees east - https://www.confluence.org/confluence.php?visitid=7493

TroopyDance.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi everyone new here, purchased this about 2 days ago.

1994 Prado SX
1KZ-TE
Fairfax, VA
259,000 KM

Picked it up in Richmond, VA and drove it back home about 2hrs away. As of now no big plans for it, but I know that’ll change eventually. My wife and I always wanted a Land Cruiser and when the opportunity came we jumped on it right away. This is now our official family hauler, and our daughter already loves it. Looking forward to many adventures in this for sure!

EBB86D35-F104-4A10-A009-775AC486B949.jpeg

Been fortunate enough to own five 70 Series. Been foolish enough to sell most of them. 😊
5643DACB-AD1E-44A9-86B1-C5C00C512B6F.jpeg
55D1FDF9-4920-4A4F-BA40-0F3CC5E516CB.jpeg
2880BE11-F3BF-463D-B152-36CF38324E84.jpeg
6ABB6B6C-6009-4F37-90F0-61CFFD752EE9.jpeg
EE0B6F3A-1E93-4C7D-939E-3AC79A35EFC6.jpeg

where are your land rovers ;) ;)
:rofl:
Didn’t seem appropriate on a Toyota forum. 😊
** The last time I saw them the Defender 90 was in the Mobile, AL area, the ’63 2A was in Panama City, FL, the restored ‘69 2A was in Ft. Myers, FL and the ’71 Series lll was somewhere in New York. 😊

Last edited:
Hello all! Picked up this 94 KZJ77 Spain import in Oregon a few months back. Very short stint in CA (where it is practically impossible to register), and now residing in Austin TX.

Made the drive from southern Washington to San Jose, and then from San Jose to Austin without any issues. 2 days after getting to Austin, blew a head gasket (what they say about the KZ engine came true a little earlier than I would have liked). Cracked head as well. Was lucky to find an awesome shop in Austin that got me back on the road in no time, so hoping I’m good to go for quite a while now!

2029A194-6FBC-4E0E-80C3-002DA076F7C2.jpeg
DC3627E9-CE15-436A-AF75-DA2BD99B5C02.jpeg
1D1DCAC7-8971-4111-9244-7B1F0209B9C4.jpeg
63611D61-B406-4EB3-8664-201873795545.jpeg

Hello all! Picked up this 94 KZJ77 Spain import in Oregon a few months back. Very short stint in CA (where it is practically impossible to register), and now residing in Austin TX.

Made the drive from southern Washington to San Jose, and then from San Jose to Austin without any issues. 2 days after getting to Austin, blew a head gasket (what they say about the KZ engine came true a little earlier than I would have liked). Cracked head as well. Was lucky to find an awesome shop in Austin that got me back on the road in no time, so hoping I’m good to go for quite a while now!

View attachment 2828954View attachment 2828960View attachment 2828961View attachment 2828964
Man that's super unfortunate, but hey at least you got THAT out of the way! Beautiful machine. Love to see it!

Hi everyone new here, purchased this about 2 days ago.

1994 Prado SX
1KZ-TE
Fairfax, VA
259,000 KM

Picked it up in Richmond, VA and drove it back home about 2hrs away. As of now no big plans for it, but I know that’ll change eventually. My wife and I always wanted a Land Cruiser and when the opportunity came we jumped on it right away. This is now our official family hauler, and our daughter already loves it. Looking forward to many adventures in this for sure!

View attachment 2802286
Very nice! Curious, did you import to Va? The reason I ask is that I will be importing my 93 KZJ78 JDM (currently in Botswana) to Va next summer and would like to know what to expect.

Very nice! Curious, did you import to Va? The reason I ask is that I will be importing my 93 KZJ78 JDM (currently in Botswana) to Va next summer and would like to know what to expect.
Yes... Imported from France.
You need to find a Good Importer ( one who specialize in Autos). I have a Friend in South Carolina who's living is importing. It was Pricy then... Now... It's probably more. It has to be Older then 25 years. Newer vehicles are not allowed... Unless you are a Dealer. The Importer will know. Screen your importer as it's very easy to get ripped off. It has to have a clear Title, then be inspected by Customs. ( My Brother in law is a Custom Inspector).
What Port will you be shipping to?
Let me know and I'll Help you.
Regards,
PeterD

Is it for sale?. Looks real nice.
If you're buying.... Best of Luck... Great Looking Ride!
Thanks! Sorry, this was on the drive home from buying it. I looked for a year for the right one. They are out there somewhere.

'96 KZJ78 with 166K km - finally arrived in Long Beach harbor last week after sitting on the docks in Kobe for 4-5 months due to shipping delays. I had it trucked here and received it today. Now starts the process of evaluating what needs attention and prioritizing work. The biggest known issues are an inoperable AC (knew that before purchase - thought it might just be low on freon, but also possible it's a bad switch), and like many Japanese LCs it lacked a spare.

IMG_4379.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom