LJ 70 Arizona Registration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am being told that my 1988 Euro LJ70 LX Turbo diesel will not pass Arizona emissions and cannot be registered as a result. Do any of you Arizonans have any input on this subject? No sense sending one over from Europe if it can't be registered. I must admit I have not seen many older series 70s in Phoenix when I visited. Cheers.

You may want to place this question in the Copper State Cruisers forum. In regards to emissions, I have my rigs registered in Pinal County, where these rules do not apply.

Good luck

I am being told that my 1988 Euro LJ70 LX Turbo diesel will not pass Arizona emissions and cannot be registered as a result. Do any of you Arizonans have any input on this subject? No sense sending one over from Europe if it can't be registered. I must admit I have not seen many older series 70s in Phoenix when I visited. Cheers.
It should work, but you might get the run around from DMV and emissions site people as they don't deal with this often and saying no is easier than figuring out something new. I've registered 6-8 HDJ81s or KZJ78s in AZ. One of my first cars was denied the first time until I went back again and found a more knowledgable agent. If you have the ability to register the car to an address outside of Phoenix or Tucson metro areas, it will be exempt from emissions testing, so the process will go more smoothly.

I should caveat this by saying the last car I registered in Phoenix or Tucson was about 2 years ago, so maybe something has changed. More recently Ive been registering my cars in Flagstaff as that is where I do most of my auto work anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom