Just Came Across This '83 - Should I Buy It? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
superoil.com
Only rust I could find is on driver side drip rail.

One of the photos has the info and asking price.
20210625_134803.jpg
20210625_134826.jpg
20210625_134810.jpg
20210625_134816.jpg

20210625_134833.jpg

Last edited:
WOWOWOWWOw...our beloved rigs are pricey AF!!! Nice looking rig...

Amsoil sticker = Red Flag
Why is that?

I've been an AMSOIL dealer myself for over 20 years and I've found that people who use AMSOIL tend to take very good care of their vehicles.

Have you had a different experience?

I know im old now. I just cant wrap my head around these prices today. Might bring that but it seems crazy to me.

Only rust I could find is on driver side drip rail.

View attachment 2713693

only rust you see, but it sure looks like more bubbling up on the right rear gutter area. plus the chips in the roof paint, it's been repainted
roof repair is going to be needed shortly, there is a bunch more hiding there waiting to surface.

only rust you see, but it sure looks like more bubbling up on the right rear gutter area. plus the chips in the roof paint, it's been repainted
roof repair is going to be needed shortly, there is a bunch more hiding there waiting to surface.
Yeah. I didn't have time to look at it really close. I had my semi parked in the turn lane to go over and take a quick look at it and talk to the guy a minute.

I obviously wouldn't spend that kind of cash without a much closer look.

But I didn't know if, at that price, it was worth driving 3hours on my day off to check it out.

I'd buy it just for the Beastie Boys sticker...

A lot is done to at least get to the 18.5 k (opposed to cars that only drove trough a car wash)
But still is seems high, the rust is covered with paint, if you like weekend wrenching the list is a good start to follow with a cheaper car.

Maybe put a price at every thing on the list and calculate labour cost too, the front and rear arb is the most expensive by far but the bumpers too, total 8k at least?
And some dealers just put up a silly list like all ashtrays cleaned, antenna is pulled upward, blinker fluid topped, valve cap greased and tuned.

Depends if you go wheeling or just visit the mall, good luck anyway, with those prices it becomes affordable to import from Europe.

Last edited:
$18.5k for this:

1624724819271.png

NO...run. Thats just the preview for whats to come. Paint is redone and clearly the rust wasn't properly taken care of. This vehicle has a lot of rust repairs in its future.

Looks about $4k-$5k more than what I would spend. Yes, the rust is the most concerning issue. But for that kind of money, that better be the only rust. And I want to see a lot more detail on what has been done mechanically. It has a lot going for it, but the snorkel and body armor take away from the ruggedly handsome exterior. And that interior needs to be PRISTINE.

Looks like a solid rig-just a little pricey for me. But he’ll get his asking price from somebody…

It looks familiar. I’m pretty sure I remember seeing it for sale a few years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom