What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did this a couple of weeks ago but found a combination of two unrelated objects to arrive at a perfect 1 Gallon propane tank holder for my rack. I purchased a FlameKing tank from Amazon (glad I got it a month ago because it's out of stock currently) and was looking for a way to store it securely outside of the vehicle.

Also purchased from Amazon a Best Welds gas cylinder holder which fits perfectly.
Amazon product ASIN B01HXM7JE2

However, it needed to be mounted to something to keep the tank vertical. Was trying everything I could think of that would bolt together since I don't have access to a fab shop/welder. Then, one day a couple of weeks ago stumbled across this:
1623987731380.png

It is a sliding door roller. However, once you take the wheel off, you can bolt the gas cylinder holder directly to it and the 4 holes in the base are perfectly spaced to attach to two crossbars in my Prinsu rack. The final result looks like this:

1623987902515.png

1623987972003.png

I've tested it out on the trail and it stays rock solid. Also, does not impede opening the RTT in any way. I may take it to a local muffler shop and see if they'll put a few tack welds on it so I can take the bolts off and not worry about them shaking loose on the interstate.

All in for the tank, holder, and mounting bracket = $125.

Did this a couple of weeks ago but found a combination of two unrelated objects to arrive at a perfect 1 Gallon propane tank holder for my rack. I purchased a FlameKing tank from Amazon (glad I got it a month ago because it's out of stock currently) and was looking for a way to store it securely outside of the vehicle.

Also purchased from Amazon a Best Welds gas cylinder holder which fits perfectly.
Amazon product ASIN B01HXM7JE2

However, it needed to be mounted to something to keep the tank vertical. Was trying everything I could think of that would bolt together since I don't have access to a fab shop/welder. Then, one day a couple of weeks ago stumbled across this:
View attachment 2706865

It is a sliding door roller. However, once you take the wheel off, you can bolt the gas cylinder holder directly to it and the 4 holes in the base are perfectly spaced to attach to two crossbars in my Prinsu rack. The final result looks like this:

View attachment 2706872

View attachment 2706873

I've tested it out on the trail and it stays rock solid. Also, does not impede opening the RTT in any way. I may take it to a local muffler shop and see if they'll put a few tack welds on it so I can take the bolts off and not worry about them shaking loose on the interstate.

All in for the tank, holder, and mounting bracket = $125.

Dang this is a really great solution

Received my much anticipated Rigd Supply Ultraswing Tire Carrier only to fing, much to my disappointment, that it will not work with a 200 series. :bang::bang:

I swear I looked as thoroughly as possible but somehow missed their "fitment guide". So, if anyone wants a brand-new Ultraswing Megafit for their non-200 series vehicle or for a friend, check out my classified ad.

Also, replaced the rotors and pads on the rear. Now the pulsating brakes are gone. Pretty sure one of the rear rotors was warped. Just went with the OEM parts instead of trying to find a set that definitively work with my 17" Icon's.

Received my much anticipated Rigd Supply Ultraswing Tire Carrier only to fing, much to my disappointment, that it will not work with a 200 series. :bang::bang:

I swear I looked as thoroughly as possible but somehow missed their "fitment guide". So, if anyone wants a brand-new Ultraswing Megafit for their non-200 series vehicle or for a friend, check out my classified ad.

Why didn't it fit? I was looking at purchasing one of these myself. Can it be modified, or can the hitch be modified to work?

Neither it nor the hitch cannot be realistically modified unless you have a full fab set up for cutting and welding heavy gauge steel. If you look at the picture below you'll notice the section that angles up in the red box. This rises about 2-3 inches too high and the lower portion of your tailgate will contact it, right on the plastic of the reverse lights. I guess you could get a hitch extender but then you are really going to hurt your departure angle if you care about that.

1624313240006.png

Wish you had posted about this purchase in advance…I’ve inquired multiple times to see if Rigd either had, or was planning on a carrier for the 200 series. The answer has been no…multiple times. Perhaps if there was heavy interest expressed from multiple owners they might reconsider 🤗

Neither it nor the hitch cannot be realistically modified unless you have a full fab set up for cutting and welding heavy gauge steel. If you look at the picture below you'll notice the section that angles up in the red box. This rises about 2-3 inches too high and the lower portion of your tailgate will contact it, right on the plastic of the reverse lights. I guess you could get a hitch extender but then you are really going to hurt your departure angle if you care about that.

View attachment 2710334
Would be a pretty straightforward job for anyone with a welder and an angle grinder. If you like everything else about it, i'd at least get a quote. best case is a 6 pack of beer, worst case would be like $200.

Wish you had posted about this purchase in advance…I’ve inquired multiple times to see if Rigd either had, or was planning on a carrier for the 200 series. The answer has been no…multiple times. Perhaps if there was heavy interest expressed from multiple owners they might reconsider 🤗
The wilco carrier fits.

The wilco carrier fits.

Is anyone using the Wilco on a 200, and do you know if there is room for the accessories or Jerry cans behind the spare? Most of my needs for a hitch mounted swing out is so that the hitch swings away allowing truck access with bike rack in place, and also so that I can use some of the accessories like the fold down table and jerry can holders.

I'm currently still running small enough tires to leave the spare below, though that hopefully won't be the case forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom