What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is anyone using the Wilco on a 200, and do you know if there is room for the accessories or Jerry cans behind the spare? Most of my needs for a hitch mounted swing out is so that the hitch swings away allowing truck access with bike rack in place, and also so that I can use some of the accessories like the fold down table and jerry can holders.

I'm currently still running small enough tires to leave the spare below, though that hopefully won't be the case forever.

There is tons of room between Wilco and back of truck.

The wilco carrier fits.

Is anyone using the Wilco on a 200, and do you know if there is room for the accessories or Jerry cans behind the spare? Most of my needs for a hitch mounted swing out is so that the hitch swings away allowing truck access with bike rack in place, and also so that I can use some of the accessories like the fold down table and jerry can holders.

I'm currently still running small enough tires to leave the spare below, though that hopefully won't be the case forever.
One thing to keep in mind with the Wilco is that they claim that it only holds 150 lbs. My tire/wheel combo is 80 lbs leaving me only 70lbs for "cargo". A full Wavian jerry can weighs in at about 43 pounds. Doesn't leave you much for a rack and bike(s). That is the main reason I went with the Rigd (250lbs capacity) under the mistaken impression that it would fit.

Does the Wilco Hitchgate Max not fit? They are pretty specific with most of their parts as they pertain to the 200 series and there are no notes saying it doesn't fit. It has load limit of 350 lbs.

Took the truck in for it's first oil change and the dealer promptly offered me full sticker for it on the spot. I told him while that was tempting I wasn't out to sell a truck that could no longer be replaced with a new one and with low inventories of all makes/models I wasn't about to go down a vehicle only to get screwed when purchasing it's replacement due to the current shortage. It's a nice thought to know that I could get that much for it should I want/need to get out of it but this 200 isn't going anywhere.

Last edited:
Took the truck in for it's first oil change and the dealer promptly offered me full sticker for it on the spot. I told him while that was tempting I wasn't out to sell a truck that could no longer be replaced with a new one and with low inventories of all makes/models I wasn't about to go down a vehicle only to screwed when purchasing it's replacement due to the current shortage. It's a nice thought to know that I could get that much for it should I want/need to get out of it but this 200 isn't going anywhere.
Not bad if I could make 15% on a new car purchase in a year since I got mine for $11k under sticker.

Not bad if I could make 15% on a new car purchase in a year since I got mine for $11k under sticker.
We paid $77,990 and sticker was $86-something. $8K plus equity isn't bad but it's not worth not having a new 200 lol. That money wouldn't put me into anything I'd want more than the vehicle we already have and you'd be buying at the top of the market so it makes very little sense.

We paid $77,990 and sticker was $86-something. $8K plus equity isn't bad but it's not worth not having a new 200 lol. That money wouldn't put me into anything I'd want more than the vehicle we already have and you'd be buying at the top of the market so it makes very little sense.
Got a similar offer a few weeks ago. On the surface it's tempting but told sales manager he would have to move the 15 to 20k worth of aftermarket gear over to new one for no charge. This is the rig I want, need and use.

Got a similar offer a few weeks ago. On the surface it's tempting but told sales manager he would have to move the 15 to 20k worth of aftermarket gear over to new one for no charge. This is the rig I want, need and use.

Yea and getting another one for the same money won't happen, if they could even find you one to begin with. Momma demanded white with Terra interior and this was the last one in our area six months ago. I'm not going out of state and paying at or near sticker for the same thing. Hard pass.

On a similar note to the 200 series with the V8, we have two 2021 4Runner Venture Special Editions sitting on the dealer’s lot with an identical 2021 third one (except for color - all three are different colors) coming in mid August for three of my wife’s daughters. We have been offered $5,000 to $7,500 over list as they are scarcer than hen’s teeth. Next year the 4Runner gets the make over too and the solid V6 goes away along with other existing desirable features.

Last edited:
On a similar note to the 200 series with the V8, we have two 2021 4Runner Venture Special Editions sitting on the dealer’s lot with an identical 2021 third one except for color coming in mid August for three of my wife’s daughters. We have been offered $5,000 to $7,500 over list as they are scarcer than hen’s teeth. Next year the 4Runner gets the make over too and the solid V6 goes away along with other existing desirable features.
What replaces the 1GRFE?

Toyota excels at selling a platform that’s been essentially unchanged since 2003.

Took the truck in for it's first oil change and the dealer promptly offered me full sticker for it on the spot. I told him while that was tempting I wasn't out to sell a truck that could no longer be replaced with a new one and with low inventories of all makes/models I wasn't about to go down a vehicle only to get screwed when purchasing it's replacement due to the current shortage. It's a nice thought to know that I could get that much for it should I want/need to get out of it but this 200 isn't going anywhere.
Don't sell, never-ever! You'll regret it for the rest of your life. Our 200s will be sought after for years to come. Keep it in good, clean condition and you'll be able to sell it anytime for more than what you paid for it. I bought mine last year, a 2011 with around 49,800 miles in excellent condition. Here are the KBB values...went up in value over $4,000 in six months and I put 5,500 miles on it! I'm happy with my purchase.

20210519_135223.jpg

A different frame scaled down from the new standard frame also used on the 300 series LC. Rumors of a small turbo engine, perhaps a 4 cylinder.

Toyota has to get their fleet mpg average up and having the truck/SUV side crowding the sub nineteen mpg ratings hurts their overall numbers. However the last two model years of the 200 series LC have an 8 speed tranny and I (along with Consumer Reports) can see over 20mpg on the highway.

Back in the early part of this 4Runner model run, the small V8 could tow a 7,000 pound trailer. Now they are limited to 5,000 pound trailers and the smaller proposed engines could drop back to 3,500 pounds.

The LC, Sequoia and Tundra share basically the same V8 engine and frame. Next year there is no LC and the other two get V6 power plants and lighter frames which will probably negatively impact tow ratings.

A different frame scaled down from the new standard frame also used on the 300 series LC. Rumors of a small turbo engine, perhaps a 4 cylinder.

Toyota has to get their fleet mpg average up and having the truck/SUV side crowding the sub nineteen mpg ratings hurts their overall numbers. However the last two model years of the 200 series LC have an 8 speed tranny and I (along with Consumer Reports) can see over 20mpg on the highway.

Back in the early part of this 4Runner model run, the small V8 could tow a 7,000 pound trailer. Now they are limited to 5,000 pound trailers and the smaller proposed engines could drop back to 3,500 pounds.

The LC, Sequoia and Tundra share basically the same V8 engine and frame. Next year there is no LC and the other two get V6 power plants and lighter frames which will probably negatively impact tow ratings.
4.7 was the PERFECT engine in the 4Runner.

My 07 V8 with 200k drives like the day I drove it off the lot brand new. Has been driven to and in nearly every state including Alaska. Amazing machine and power train.

Don't sell, never-ever! You'll regret it for the rest of your life. Our 200s will be sought after for years to come. Keep it in good, clean condition and you'll be able to sell it anytime for more than what you paid for it. I bought mine last year, a 2011 with around 49,800 miles in excellent condition. Here are the KBB values...went up in value over $4,000 in six months and I put 5,500 miles on it! I'm happy with my purchase.

View attachment 2711367

I have no plans to do so. I have a feeling I could stack 20K or more on it and still get $85K this time next year given this wild market.

I have no plans to do so. I have a feeling I could stack 20K or more on it and still get $85K this time next year given this wild market.

The downside is that this time next year $85k may very well buy a newspaper, and not much more.

First oil change on my 2011.

Bought my LC last November with a little under 50,000 miles from a Toyota dealer in southeast Texas. It was a trade-in on a new one. One owner, clear carfax and the dealer had service records since it was purchased and maintenanced there.

First, took off entire skid plate to check everything underneath. There are 3 pieces in the front covering the bottom of the engine. You only need to take off the driver's side to change the oil.

I will skip the oil change basics. Unless anyone has questions about it...we can definitely discuss.

Here are the Important details I want to mention/share:

1. I put on a different housing which was suggested here on the site. The housing is aluminum, made for the Venza (I believe). It is identical to the black plastic LC/Tundra 5.7 oil filter housing in every way except you have to change out the part the filter slides on in the middle of the housing due to its length difference (see pics). In my opinion, the aluminum looks better and should be better quality. Also everything else around it is already aluminum so not sure why the black plastic was chosen for this part in the first place.

2. I used a drain tool for the filter housing sold on Amazon which I believe saved me some trouble in regard to getting the oil out of the housing before unscrewing it (see pics). Every replacement filter includes a little plastic piece which is used to stick into the filter housing to drain it of the oil inside before unscrewing the entire filter housing. These work, but seems people were getting a little messy when I watched YouTube and read other articles. So I decided to get this screw type to assist in this task. There were a few people knocking these for being too slow or not letting all the oil out. I didn't have that problem. Got it on fast, got all of the oil out and went on to take off housing. No trouble at all.

3. I used a filter housing wrench designed for the job. This tool is great and you can't remove the housing without it (see pic). I recommend using a socket with it, not just a ratchet. I do feel that if you have a stubborn housing you could break something due to the need of some extra torque when loosening. I have also read that this happened to others so I just avoid that.

4. I made sure to scrap off the drain plug washer off the outside of the oil pan and replace it with a new one.

The oil change took a while since I was tinkering with things a lot and finding the best approach for each task. From jacking up only one side of the vehicle to resetting the oil change reminder, it was all pretty simple, routine work. All in all, it was a success. I did fit 8 quarts of oil in the motor.

20210613_163705.jpg

20210613_174346.jpg

20210613_174257.jpg

20210613_190142.jpg

20210613_182733.jpg

I really need to find the part numbers for all of these things so that I can order it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom