93' getting very little power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice, yeah the 93-94 Cali cats aren’t cheap at all!
My '93 has one cat. Does yours?
If replacing to meet Kali CARB requirements, would one have to replace the one with 2 cats? Or replace the one cat it comes with just one CARB type?
Feel like most research I've seen refer to the involvement of two cats.

If you have 1 cat that's aftermarket. the 1fz-fe OBD 1 versions came with two side-by-side cats for all of the US.

Last edited:
My '93 has one cat. Does yours?
If replacing to meet Kali CARB requirements, would one have to replace the one with 2 cats? Or replace the one cat it comes with just one CARB type?
Feel like most research I've seen refer to the involvement of two cats.
I am still running my OG 28y/o cats and am looking to replace. Obd1 2 Side by side with pre cat O2s. Was gonna take out another home loan haha and buy 2 new OEM cats but they are on backorder from what I was told, so just waiting. I have only found universal fit Cali CARB cats for obd1 93-94 1FZ, and those are about 1/2 the price of OEM. At that price I wouldn’t bother with aftermarket. Hoping OEM gets here off the boat soon!

I think I ordered the OE ones from cruiser parts. They’ve worked fine for two test cycles. Just barely got her to pass on my 4th try today

98B9AFAD-3537-4ABF-89BF-81C05FA3335C.jpeg

I think I ordered the OE ones from cruiser parts. They’ve worked fine for two test cycles. Just barely got her to pass on my 4th try today

View attachment 2653396
I think CO is a little less stringent than CA, which is good for y'all. Hey, at least it passed! 😀

I think CO is a little less stringent than CA, which is good for y'all. Hey, at least it passed! 😀
Actually, I understand CO just adopted the CA emissions standards for reasons no one knows. Also heard there is no grandfathering or allowance for older vehicles (which I don't know how that can be possible, but anyway). That's why I was asking. And my single sure looks OEM and period, but I'll defer to the forum consensus and take a closer look. Always wondered why so many LC's around here had that pair of cats drooping so low. lol I thought THOSE were aftermarket. :rolleyes:

Actually, I understand CO just adopted the CA emissions standards for reasons no one knows. Also heard there is no grandfathering or allowance for older vehicles (which I don't know how that can be possible, but anyway). That's why I was asking. And my single sure looks OEM and period, but I'll defer to the forum consensus and take a closer look. Always wondered why so many LC's around here had that pair of cats drooping so low. lol I thought THOSE were aftermarket. :rolleyes:
I bet it does look OEM. Rust is the OEM color, but nope, obd1 1fz-fe’s had 2 side by side and the obd2 versions had 2 inline.

the cool thing about the earlier versions is they came from the factory with over the frame exhaust after the cats

Leave it to CA activism to infiltrate other states and impose their 'standards'. Although I'm not naive to the fact this started way back in the early 80's. Also, not sure why grandfathering is allowed, but whatever.

As @Shoredreamer eluded to a few posts back, I can't wait to take a second out on my home this coming year to replace my cats to OEM specifications. :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom