93' getting very little power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,

I just replaced my 02 sensors and EGR valve and passed CA smog just fine and Cruiser was running fine for a couple of weeks. I got the EGR valve and 02 sensors from Rock Auto, just in case that caused any memories to spark. Out of no where, I am now getting very little power when I step on the gas peddle. I will be looking at this tomorrow or the next day, but wanted to check in for any suggestions.

EGR Valve from Rock Auto - More Information for WVE 4F1673

02 Sensors from Rock Auto - More Information for NTK 24044

Thanks in advance,

~ Steven

In general do OEM parts. They don’t look OEM. Check your connections.

block the egr?

After troubleshooting, have error code: 52 Knock Sensor

I would say buy 1 and screw it in twice. (once in each place) and see which one turns off the check engine light.
Or, sell some crap from your garage on OfferUp and use the money to buy 2 of them!!

When my knock sensor failed it was because I knocked the harness connector clean off trying to loosen something else.

I would say buy 1 and screw it in twice. (once in each place) and see which one turns off the check engine light.
Or, sell some crap from your garage on OfferUp and use the money to buy 2 of them!!

When my knock sensor failed it was because I knocked the harness connector clean off trying to loosen something else.
Yep, purchased one already, which will be to me on Friday. In the meantime, I'll look at harness connectors to see if it somehow got messed up.

Thanks again sir!

Code 52 is for the #1 knock sensor (front), code 55 is for the #2 knock sensor (back closest to firewall).
Thank you for that information! Could you please tell me where you found this information from?

Thanks again!

Thank you for that information! Could you please tell me where you found this information from?

Thanks again!

If you search for a diagnostic code, you should get a some results that have the CEL diagnostic troubleshoot table. Or if you have the FSM, that table and ECS diagrams will be in there. Here's a helpful diagram from my '94 FSM.

IMG_6165.jpg

@csanders Very awesome and thank you for the diagram. This is like the second time you've come up with a save for me! I am looking into finding the FSM on ebay but some of them look sort of shady. Hoping I can find one.

Thanks again to you too @jbee !

@csanders Also, if you could, would you mind sending a photo of the front of your FSM? I'd like to track down a 'like' version for my 93'. Thank you sir!

Hey All,

I just replaced my 02 sensors and EGR valve and passed CA smog just fine and Cruiser was running fine for a couple of weeks. I got the EGR valve and 02 sensors from Rock Auto, just in case that caused any memories to spark. Out of no where, I am now getting very little power when I step on the gas peddle. I will be looking at this tomorrow or the next day, but wanted to check in for any suggestions.

EGR Valve from Rock Auto - More Information for WVE 4F1673

02 Sensors from Rock Auto - More Information for NTK 24044

Thanks in advance,

~ Steven

FWIW, NTK is OEM for 93-94 models.

FWIW, NTK is OEM for 93-94 models.
Thank you @brettk, that's exactly what I used, so I don't suspect those to be the issue. Replacing the knock sensor #1 is what I'll be replacing, once the part comes in. :)

Follow up, received the knock sensor today. Went to replace it and the wires to the connector were completely torn off. When I went to press the tab to remove the connector from the knock sensor, that just fell off. *Sigh*

Now I need to find a new connector and splice, but also those cables are so short in length. I thought someone had a kit somewhere to deal with this and will try to find it. I will be looking to redo both knock sensor connections and sensors at this point.

There’s a thread somewhere for part numbers on all the harness plugs.

There’s a thread somewhere for part numbers on all the harness plugs.
Does anyone know where I can find this thread? I've searched quite a bit, perhaps I've somehow missed it but would be grateful if someone could point me to it. In the meantime, I'll keep looking. Thanks!

Does anyone know where I can find this thread? I've searched quite a bit, perhaps I've somehow missed it but would be grateful if someone could point me to it. In the meantime, I'll keep looking. Thanks!

They are kind of a pain in the ass to get to. Make sure and buy Toyota!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom