What would you do with $20K to burn on your LC200? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's insanity. But that's awesome man.

From my experience in Utah there's a lot of fast trails with incredible scenery. I have a '21 HE and if I was going to burn $20K on it right away, I would go with:
- King/Fox coilovers
- Bumpstops
- Lighting - Combo of driving, spot, flood
- Lightweight rooftop tent with load bars
- 33-34" tires
- Supercharger
- Regear
- Air compressor
- Maybe sliders and hidden winch mount with a Comeup 12.5K
- Maybe front and rear lockers if you're in there anyway for a regear

That would be the ultimate 200 for my style.

SDHQ is starting to make more stuff for the 200, I'd check them out:
Definitely blessed to live here!!! What are your favorite trails to frequent?

Definitely blessed to live here!!! What are your favorite trails to frequent?
Oh man, too many -
American Fork Canyon
Pony Express Trail
Devil's Playground
Sheeprock Mountains
San Rafael Swell - Fuller's Bottom, Fix-It Pass, Temple Mountain
BLM trails south of Green River, Whitewash sand dunes
Silver Island Mountains
Newfoundlands
Deep Creeks
Skyline drive
Capitol Reef
Moab - Fins n Things, Hurrah Pass, Chicken Corners, Gemini Bridges, Top of the World
Canyonlands - The Needles, Elephant Hill, Beef Basin
Bears Ears
Moki Dugway, Valley of the Gods

Can't go wrong, great stuff in any direction - PM me if you want specifics, happy to talk trails.

At the way it is going $20k would finally get me a set of rock warriors...

Happy to sell you a nice set of 5 for half that amount.

Like others have stated, really depends on your needs. For me...

ICON Vector 5 + 285/75 R17 KO2 (34") - $2500
FrontRunner Slimline2 rack - $1500
Hardshell RTT for 2 adults/2 small kids - $3000+
Slee sliders $1500
ARB Dual drawers - $1800
Kaon Cargo shelf - $350
Wilco Hitchgate + custom fab tray for 2 Jerry+ 2 Water Scepters (for extended trips) - $1000
Fridge + Portable battery $2000
Recovery gear $2000
Rhino front bumper paint matched $3000

Last edited:
Everyone and their mom is doing all these overland type trucks with heavy bumpers and racks and ladders and shovels and fuel cans. Id love to see just a clean LC with the best suspension available and maybe more of a body color-matched front bumper that integrates better with the lines of the vehicle. So take that 20k and go balls to the wall on suspension, as-in, the best you can buy, and add some high quality, good-looking tires and wheels (new Rock Warriors? or something maybe just a little wider than stock and with more offset to fit the new proportions of the vehicle) then go from there to deciding on a functional, but good-looking, front bumper.

I think so many of these overland trucks are just totally overbuilt for what they are used for. They are obnoxiously function-over-form. Some people use all that stuff and actually go on long distance off-road trips, but most people just put all that stuff on for the looks. I think that "look" is kinda overplayed now.

You can still have a highly functional truck and not look like you are about to drive to Patagonia on your way to dinner.

Id delete the roofrack altogether. Delete running boards. Dont do sliders at all. Add some of those soft flappy rally mud flaps. Makes it look fast when standing still. Maybe more of a Baja style truck than the usual thing we see everywhere now. Forget a steel rear bumper. Delete 3rd row and store full size spare inside. Add lightness.

Just my .02
What would be an example of such a front bumper and suspension? What you designed is exactly what my vision is

This thread needs to be moderated. Nobody should ever itemize mods on broad daylight. There are children and wives lurking.

Additional BS:

This evening my wife started to harass me about recent mods (Tent and Awning) and asked me "How much money do you have in this thing?!"

I responded with "About $100."...and opened the little drawer next to the drivers door and just happed to have a $100 bill in there. Moral of the story, keep some cash in your rig at all times! :)

Why do you want to build up the truck? To see it sitting in your driveway or to have adventure? I have zero desire personally to have 'a cool truck'. I want to use it up on adventures. So here is what I would do - Take an extended leave from work, load up the truck, and go on an adventure. Other than investing in tires, you need to spend ZERO dollars on stuff to go have a life changing adventure. I drove to Patagonia and back on a bone stock LC 100 with (at the time) 250k miles. Up until COVID, I drove down to Baja twice a year for vacation - again in a bone stock 100 or 200.
Let the planning begin!

what was your origin point on the Patagonia trip?

This thread needs to be moderated. Nobody should ever itemize mods on broad daylight. There are children and wives lurking.

Additional BS:

This evening my wife started to harass me about recent mods (Tent and Awning) and asked me "How much money do you have in this thing?!"

I responded with "About $100."...and opened the little drawer next to the drivers door and just happed to have a $100 bill in there. Moral of the story, keep some cash in your rig at all times! :)
I will have to remember that one!

Like others have stated, really depends on your needs. For me...

ICON Vector 5 + 285/75 R17 KO2 (34") - $2500
FrontRunner Slimline2 rack - $1500
Hardshell RTT for 2 adults/2 small kids - $3000+
Slee sliders $1500
ARB Dual drawers - $1800
Kaon Cargo shelf - $350
Wilco Hitchgate + custom fab tray for 2 Jerry+ 2 Water Scepters (for extended trips) - $1000
Fridge + Portable battery $2000
Recovery gear $2000
Rhino front bumper paint matched $3000
Love the build and love the pix of your LC!

My answer:

my next $10k
- 12.5 gallon LRA
- BP51 to handle the additional weight and my driving style
- aluminum sliders
- onboard air

the next $10k after that would go into a RTT or camper setup fridge etc for extended overland travel with the family

Why do you want to build up the truck? To see it sitting in your driveway or to have adventure? I have zero desire personally to have 'a cool truck'. I want to use it up on adventures. So here is what I would do - Take an extended leave from work, load up the truck, and go on an adventure. Other than investing in tires, you need to spend ZERO dollars on stuff to go have a life changing adventure. I drove to Patagonia and back on a bone stock LC 100 with (at the time) 250k miles. Up until COVID, I drove down to Baja twice a year for vacation - again in a bone stock 100 or 200.

That about sums it up.

The question wasn’t “ tell me why I shouldn’t spend $20k on mods for my truck because you don’t think I should”, it was “What would you do with $20K to burn on your LC200”.

I bet some of you are a blast to go on vacation with.
Are you kidding? Id take that $20k and spend it on gas and whisky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom