What would you do with $20K to burn on your LC200? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This thread needs to be moderated. Nobody should ever itemize mods on broad daylight. There are children and wives lurking.

Additional BS:

This evening my wife started to harass me about recent mods (Tent and Awning) and asked me "How much money do you have in this thing?!"

I responded with "About $100."...and opened the little drawer next to the drivers door and just happed to have a $100 bill in there. Moral of the story, keep some cash in your rig at all times! :)

This is a good thread. HA

My wife asked me the same about a week ago when I got the hot water heater? How much did you spend building your truck out? When I am spending money it's my truck. when she takes it for a week it's our rig. I justify the money spent as an offset to the cost of a hotel or AirB&B. This works for all comfort mods no fail. She's a better driver and mechanic than me so she spent the money on the suspension and lockers. That was the bulk of the nut spent. Go figure.

This is a dangerous game to play...
1619137187971.png

I’d struggle to spend that much, starting from my current rig (already has most of the items on these lists - and zero interest in steel bumpers). I’d do front and rear lockers, and swap out my Landshark Reef cargo boxes for a Trekboxx Bravo full system. Maybe trade my rims for some TRD BBS forged ones. I don’t think that even hits 10k.

If I was starting from a stock 200, this would also be on the list:
  • Budbuilt sliders
  • Budbuilt aluminum skids (full set)
  • Budbuilt rear shock guards (stainless)
  • King 2.5 (600 lb front)/OME 2721 rear
  • Dobinsons UCAs
  • Tundra TRD rims
  • BFG AT KO2 tires
  • Dual Odessey AGM batteries
  • Slee battery brackets
  • Redarc 1225 BCDC
  • Slee bcdc bracket
  • ARB compressor
  • Slee compressor bracket
  • Switch-Pros 9100
  • Slee sunglass bracket
  • Redarc Towpro Elite/switch blank
  • Long Range America 12.5 gallon aux tank
  • Trail Tailor Hidden Winch Mount
  • Warn 12k winch (upgrade to Xeon platinum if budget allowed)
  • Assorted recovery gear
Not sure where in this list the money would run out... I’d want to install it all myself except the gears, so I have familiarity when something goes wrong on the trail or the road. It’s a lot less financially painful if you add stuff a little at a time.
We have very similar tastes in upgrades Charlie ;)

@xd40cal Placed any orders yet, curious?

BTW - I have a Springfield xd40, it's a snappy round!

I'd probably just take it to Trail Tailor, Dissent, or Slee and say "Here's 20K for [insert intended use here]. Do what you can".

If it was somebody else’s money, I’d totally do that. If it’s my money, I do as much as I can myself. You can buy twice as many parts that way! It’s also about the only way I can get my wife to agree to it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom