3rd row wheel well covers - need test vehicle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do the side panels in the HE have covers for the hole? If not, can the HE side panels be swapped in.

Do the side panels in the HE have covers for the hole? If not, can the HE side panels be swapped in.
HE doesn’t have the hole because there was no third row seat base that required it. Their interior panels won’t work though because we have a metal bracket welded to the wheel well that would interfere. That could be cut off but you would be modifying the body of the vehicle and that seems a step too far for most of us.

Plus those panels would be very expensive, and I’m not sure if they’d interface well with the upper interior panels, rear AC, etc.

One big advantage to them though is the ability to run the factory cargo cover back there to hide stuff.

Pretty sure someone priced the HE panels and it was about $1000.... which is stupid, just to cover a hole

Edit: Just read the above comment, nevermind, looks like they wont work.

If y'all can get an LC to make measurements on, I've got a 3d printer and an LX with the third row removed to see if it's any different.

If y'all can get an LC to make measurements on, I've got a 3d printer and an LX with the third row removed to see if it's any different.
What measurements? Would height of the metal bracket be enough to assume they are similar? Or close enough to test fit a set designed for your LX on a LC?

Still needing a test vehicle.

I would buy a set in tan if these ever get produced.

I have a set of the plastic pieces where the seats latch into up above that I removed from my ‘13 if someone wants to scan them and use them to to 3 D print some blanking covers.

Last edited:
Pretty sure someone priced the HE panels and it was about $1000.... which is stupid, just to cover a hole

Edit: Just read the above comment, nevermind, looks like they wont work.
The inside D pillar trim is separate from the lower cargo area interior trim. I purchased a replacement set to return my ‘13 back to stock when selling, and it wasn’t more than a couple of hundred bucks. If you can get D pillar interior trim part numbers from a HE or a two row seating ROW vehicle, you can probably buy the panels for similar money. I think your $1000 number must include the large lower trim panel.

Last edited:
Im in, LX Ivory/Beige. Gonna look into c pillar trim to remove seatbelts, if anyone has the part no please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom