Anyone know what size this Fuel Hose is to the Gas Tank? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to buy a new one because the bottom connection is leaking and smells the whole truck like gas. Thanks!

I think it is maybe 12mm? 1/2"? I don't have a micrometer.

IMG_6309.jpg

Thanks in advance!

I need to buy a new one because the bottom connection is leaking and smells the whole truck like gas. Thanks!

I think it is maybe 12mm? 1/2"? I don't have a micrometer.

View attachment 2573566

Thanks in advance!

buy marine grade USCG approved 1/2 inch and new clamps

you be fine

Metric, I think it was 14mm. I had to order some from a VW dealer because no store sold metric hose or even 9/16" which would have been close. 1/2" could work but it's a really tight fit and getting it on and off is an absolute pain that it's worth spending the $10 to get the right size. Even comes with the cloth covering to look original.

Last edited:
Metric, I think it was 14mm. I had to order some from a VW dealer because no store sold metric hose or even 9/16" which would have been close. 1/2" could work but it's a really tight fit and getting it on and off is an absolute pain that it's worth spending the $10 to get the right size. Even comes with the cloth covering to look original.

Thanks, missed your response by a day- bought the 12mm cloth (probably same place you did too, ha as it was in the description as hard-to-find for VWs) ... I guess if it doesn't work I will just go back and buy the 14mm.

You still have not measured the diameter of the hard pipe? Just slip the open end of a 12mm, 13mm, 14mm wrench on there and see which one fits the best.

For future reference, 14MM is the size to use, if you can find it.........1/2" hose is a sumbitch to get on and off! Ask me how I know. :oops:

Mind posting up the location where you purchased this hose for future applications/installations?

Sure thing. 2 feet for $25 shipped. Cloth wrapped braided rubber hose with some kind of liner.

Hey guys just a follow-up, the change-out is complete and (so far) the gas smell is gone! The new hose was thinner walled than the old one, but fit perfectly at 14mm. Put clamps on for good measure.

OLD Hose
IMG_6379.jpg

NO Hose (it took about 14" to have nice overlaps, for reference).
IMG_6381.jpg

NEW Hose
IMG_6383.jpg

NEW Hose view from behind seat.
IMG_6386.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom