Rust on GX 460 2019 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum but really appreciate experience learned from here. I just got this GX 460 with 70k miles from a Lexus dealer. When I further checked it manually, noticed several parts that had rust on them (as attached). So, do I need to be concerned about these or they could be potential risks to safety and reliability? Or it's common in New England?

BTW, just wondering if anyone knows the name of these parts marked in red. It seems they are the most rusty ones.

Thank you ahead for all your input!

rust_1.jpg
rust_2.jpg
rust_3.jpg

Have you looked here first: GX 460 Manuals
You can download the entire FSM. It's run off the internet but all the info is PDF's downloaded to your machine.
Look through there and you'll find it all! :cheers:

Heck yeah it's common in New England. I once bought an Isuzu Trooper from Massachusetts. The rear frame crossmember was barely there, most of it had evaporated due to rust. I hated wrenching on that truck, any bolt was at risk of snapping off if you tried to remove it.

Your GX has a little rust, but nothing structural. I recommend treating the frame and underside with Fluid Film or Woolwax to halt the rust from progressing. That's what I do here in Minnesota where we use road salt too.

Heck yeah it's common in New England. I once bought an Isuzu Trooper from Massachusetts. The rear frame crossmember was barely there, most of it had evaporated due to rust. I hated wrenching on that truck, any bolt was at risk of snapping off if you tried to remove it.

Your GX has a little rust, but nothing structural. I recommend treating the frame and underside with Fluid Film or Woolwax to halt the rust from progressing. That's what I do here in Minnesota where we use road salt too.
Thank you for your insights and advice! I will definitely follow and hope it could help. Best

Very common rust belt corrosion unfortunately. There are a few solutions for how to clean the rust up and protect from further corrosion. My plan is Rust Kutter followed by Woolwax black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom