Sources for AHC Accumulator Globes (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Call to order.

011 44 1487 831239

Maybe it has been mentioned somewhere, but how did you order those globes? Just tried to search and only found a very simple web page, Pleiades suspension spheres

Thanks.

You have the right website. Hit the "contact us" on the left sidebar. Just send him an email.

Anyone with the Pleiades globes, how have they been holding up?

I stole our ‘06 LX due to needing globes and replaced with Pleiades two years ago. Still working grea.

Just recently stole an immaculate ‘04 LX that needs globes. Monday I ordered four from Pleiades for $649. They will be to me in South Alabama tomorrow.
[/QUOTE]
Where are you located in South Alabama? I'd be interested in comparing the drive to mine. I'm in Gulfport.

It looks like the favored options are currently Pleiades or JDMPlanet / Ebay for $890 (plus tax?). $240 cheaper and a month quicker delivery are compelling, if I could be convinced they were of equivalent quality.

Has anyone compared ride quality side by side? Any conclusive info on Pleiades longevity vs OEM?

Last edited:
It looks like the favored options are currently Pleiades or JDMPlanet / Ebay for $890 (plus tax?). $240 cheaper and a month quicker delivery are compelling, if I could be convinced they were of equivalent quality.

Has anyone compared ride quality side by side? Any conclusive info on Pleiades longevity vs OEM?

OEM all the way, the originals are lasting folks 20 years with 200k miles or more. If the savings were more substantial then it would be no brainer to just go Pleiades.

Monday morning I called and ordered four globes from Pleiades In the UK. I installed them on my ‘04 LX today. Rides absolutely perfect as expected.

8FD3550D-107F-4EC2-B288-0672DD85EFCC.jpeg
AD7193FF-5D3B-45EC-AF02-35DB913F578B.jpeg
2C4F9A27-D41A-4888-B945-91BE520ED4D7.jpeg
14C48972-F8C4-4C23-8782-669F0CC86AF9.jpeg

@BullElk I know you have these on a few of your rigs...how many miles have you logged on your Pleiades glodes?

@BullElk I know you have these on a few of your rigs...how many miles have you logged on your Pleiades glodes?

I have two Pleiades rear globes in my wife's '06 LX. I installed them in July 2018 and best I can figure its been driven about 60k miles since. Rides great, no issues. Based on that success, I ordered four more mentioned above with about 5 miles so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJK
Is there a reliable US source for OEM accumulators besides cruiserparts.net? They are backordered and I need a pair of rears next week ahead of a trip the following week. There are lots of good deals on eBay coming from Japan but no guarantees of quick arrival especially with COVID. Any go-to forum members for parts still around? I don’t need them to be as cheap as eBay but my local dealers want $800-$1000 apiece which isn’t happening.

^^ Thanks @BullElk
^ @djkcpa - similar situation, same town.
(EDIT) I bought 2X rears on eBay from JDMPlanet for $450/pr. 49151-60010 is available on Amazon too, but no feedback and $300+/ea. Still better than a dealer though...

Last edited:
I need a pair of rears next week ahead of a trip the following week. There are lots of good deals on eBay coming from Japan but no guarantees of quick arrival especially with COVID

As I mentioned above, I got the Pleiades globes in literally three days from when I called them to order. Very few, if any, US sources will have them to you any faster.

@djkcpa for OEM units, toyotapartsdeal.com has them for $640 each are USA based (Detroit area I believe).

But I agree with @BullElk, the Pleiades globes are a solid OEM alternative.

the Pleiades globes are a solid OEM alternative.

Although I certainly understand what you mean, based on my experience thus far with Pleiades, they are the standard “got to” to me rather the alternative.

The only issue I have with Pleiades is pronouncing the name.

^^ Thanks @BullElk
^ @djkcpa - similar situation, same town. Let me know what you decide?
Pleadies or JDMparts/ebay are the best price. 49151-60010 is available on Amazon too, but no feedback and higher cost. Still better than a dealer though...
Thanks for the replies everyone. I found a pair on Amazon from one of the JDM eBay sellers but they’re “Fulfilled by Amazon” which should mean they’re in a warehouse in the US already. Delivery is promised by Tuesday 6/23, I’ll keep you posted on the results.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I found a pair on Amazon from one of the JDM eBay sellers but they’re “Fulfilled by Amazon” which should mean they’re in a warehouse in the US already. Delivery is promised by Tuesday 6/23, I’ll keep you posted on the results.

What was the price on those?

I am in discussions with Pleiades now. My ride is really bumpy. I have flushed the system after having a rear suspension hose bust on me. Replaced the hose and instead of using Toyota fluid, I opted for Dexron IV because it was like $20 on sale for my 330k mileage LX.
I'd hate to waste the money if the reason for it riding like a jeep is not the spheres/globes.
Is there anyway to test them, directly/ indirectly?

My initial thought is never use anything other than the Toyota AHC fluid. @PADDO is the best authority I know of regarding the LX suspension and if not mistaken, he would never ever recommend using any other type fluid. I believe he said it can destroy the membrane inside the globes.

I am in discussions with Pleiades now. My ride is really bumpy. I have flushed the system after having a rear suspension hose bust on me. Replaced the hose and instead of using Toyota fluid, I opted for Dexron IV because it was like $20 on sale for my 330k mileage LX.
I'd hate to waste the money if the reason for it riding like a jeep is not the spheres/globes.
Is there anyway to test them, directly/ indirectly?
trying to be frugal saving 30 bucks by not using correct type may have now cost you 650 after market or 900 oem for all 4 gloves. Ouch! good lesson to always use the oem fluid or at the very least something that is the same type with proven results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom