Fixing the 73 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still cant get the stupid flashers and blinkers to work. If the high beam works does that mean my switch is good ? Is maybe the flasher relay bad?

And Im looking for the drivers side back half door. If anyone knows has one for sale or knows of were i can get one. Let me know.

You can take one of the front turn signal lenses off and use a scrap piece of wire to ground the bulb socket. This will tell you if a permanent ground to each front unit will fix your issue.

Got the hazards to work. But only the front flash. But once I pull on the light switch then no hazards or blinkers. It seems like there is not enough volts. And I got some shocks too.

20200519_192259.jpg

20200519_192259.jpg

20200519_192303.jpg

20200519_192317.jpg

20200519_192326.jpg

got everything working blinkers, hazards, lights, brake lights. Got it started. Going to have to share a video tonight. Trying to bleed brakes. Still need to hook up the clutch. Waiting for the hose to get here. And im not sure about were to put the heater valve at. My rear heater was leaking antifreeze. And i still can t get the temperature gauge to work, Its pegged out at H while at rest with out the key in the on position. Started it still stays at H even as it heat ups. Bad sending unit maybe?

got everything working blinkers, hazards, lights, brake lights. Got it started. Going to have to share a video tonight. Trying to bleed brakes. Still need to hook up the clutch. Waiting for the hose to get here. And im not sure about were to put the heater valve at. My rear heater was leaking antifreeze. And i still can t get the temperature gauge to work, Its pegged out at H while at rest with out the key in the on position. Started it still stays at H even as it heat ups. Bad sending unit maybe?
And I figured out how to put my glass in, pretty easy actually.

And i still can t get the temperature gauge to work, Its pegged out at H while at rest with out the key in the on position. Started it still stays at H even as it heat ups. Bad sending unit maybe?

Check the ground for the gauges and instrument cluster, the little tab can be a tenuous connection.

No, bright white insulators are too lean. You have carbon buildup, but it could be too much throttle pedal before starting.

Gotta love the pace that you have been on, working on this project.

No, bright white insulators are too lean. You have carbon buildup, but it could be too much throttle pedal before starting.

Gotta love the pace that you have been on, working on this project.
what do you mean by too much throttle? I have a weber carb with an electric choke. My pops lived in the sierra nevedas at about 5000 ft elevation. Now i am in south texas at sea level. Just dont want to burn anything up you know, The only plugs i have ever really read was on my snowmobile which was a 2 stroke.

what do you mean by too much throttle? I have a weber carb with an electric choke. My pops lived in the sierra nevedas at about 5000 ft elevation. Now i am in south texas at sea level. Just dont want to burn anything up you know, The only plugs i have ever really read was on my snowmobile which was a 2 stroke.
I probably need some new plugs too.

You won't come close to burning up anything with a naturally aspirated straight 6 in a landcruiser. Your snowmobiles are very high performance machines squeezing the most HP and RPM from the least weight by comparison. That plug is not sooty black, or white. So it's close to being right. A more golden brown maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom