AirDownGearUp SS1: Storage, Sleeper and Drawer System for 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just read this thread from start to finish, as i'm looking for a sleeping solution...was thinking these would be great with a cutting board/table slide!

A whole sleeper plus drawer plus pull-out would be a winning combo for me.

@Kyle Bell are you still able to ship these in a timely manner with the COVID happenings, or is your supply chain backed up due to the quarantine? I'm interested in the sleeper platform if it's available.

@Kyle Bell are you still able to ship these in a timely manner with the COVID happenings, or is your supply chain backed up due to the quarantine? I'm interested in the sleeper platform if it's available.

We're mostly unaffected, but I'll need @Kyle Bell to chime in with confirmed inventory. We may need to get a run of the sleeper panels going, but even if so, lead times should be roughly the same. Our supplier for the panels is another 2 person-operation local to us.

Just read this thread from start to finish, as i'm looking for a sleeping solution...was thinking these would be great with a cutting board/table slide!

A whole sleeper plus drawer plus pull-out would be a winning combo for me.

Awesome! Glad to hear it! The added useable space from the table extension has certainly been nice to have.

We're mostly unaffected, but I'll need @Kyle Bell to chime in with confirmed inventory. We may need to get a run of the sleeper panels going, but even if so, lead times should be roughly the same. Our supplier for the panels is another 2 person-operation local to us.

We should still be good! We have some limited quantity of inventory on hand, and we have confirmed with all of our suppliers that we can continue receiving materials. We've noticed a bit of a slow down all around from suppliers, but typically only by a few days.

Posted a new video to our youtube channel. This is an overview of the features of an SS1 system with sleeper and drawers. The system in the video is for a 4runner, but it's basically the same for the 100/200 landcruisers. As I mention in the video, just a different sleeper mechanism.

@Kyle Bell Is there any way you can do that sliding sleeper mechanism on the 100 series platform? It's super slick and has better functionality imho. Also, can you provide the interior dimensions of the drawers for the 100 series, I can't seem to find much dimensional data on your site.

Thanks!

@Kyle Bell Is there any way you can do that sliding sleeper mechanism on the 100 series platform? It's super slick and has better functionality imho. Also, can you provide the interior dimensions of the drawers for the 100 series, I can't seem to find much dimensional data on your site.

Thanks!
Yes, we can offer the slider sleeper on the 100. It adds some weight (those slides are heavy duty) and it adds some cost in parts and shipping, albeit not too much. Since this isn't a production offering we'd have to work out lead time and costs, but it's definitely something we can do. We built up a semi-custom 60 series version with the 100 base platform and the 4runner slider sleeper. We agree the slider is pretty awesome!

Drawer internal dims for the 100 are ~17x35x9. Baltic Birch with glued dovetail joints. Slides are 100% extension with a 250 lb weight rating per pair.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

-Andy (ADGU Co-founder)

Hey, just got to tell you both that's a really nice system.

If I were keeping my 100 series for many more years this would be a top mod to get.

Great job!

Hey, just got to tell you both that's a really nice system.

If I were keeping my 100 series for many more years this would be a top mod to get.

Great job!
Thanks for the kind words! What's next after the 100?

SS1 for the win, mine gets fully loaded every weekend. 1 drawer and open on the other side. The drawer acts as the kitchen where the open side holds all the gear for the weekend. By utilizing legs to support it instead of solid wood all the way through allows for plenty of spots to tuck away gear of all different sizes. It's pretty wild how much space is wasted on some of the drawer systems out there.

SS1 for the win, mine gets fully loaded every weekend. 1 drawer and open on the other side. The drawer acts as the kitchen where the open side holds all the gear for the weekend. By utilizing legs to support it instead of solid wood all the way through allows for plenty of spots to tuck away gear of all different sizes. It's pretty wild how much space is wasted on some of the drawer systems out there.
Very much agreed.

I use a similar setup on my SS1. One drawer, other side open. Between the drawer and the under-wing storage that's all the stuff I usually take. It leaves an entire under-platform cavity for any odd stuff like a cooler, camp chairs, tables, carry on luggage, etc...

I think we do a pretty poor job of marketing, honestly. We need to come up with a graphic that shows how much volume of storage is 100% accessible with the SS1. I bet we're over TWICE the competition. Trekboxx surely has us beat, but I think that's about it. In the storage per dollar category I think the SS1 would be head and shoulders over anything else out there.

We've also got some fancy drawer add-ons juuuuuust about ready to launch. :)

Very much agreed.

I use a similar setup on my SS1. One drawer, other side open. Between the drawer and the under-wing storage that's all the stuff I usually take. It leaves an entire under-platform cavity for any odd stuff like a cooler, camp chairs, tables, carry on luggage, etc...

I think we do a pretty poor job of marketing, honestly. We need to come up with a graphic that shows how much volume of storage is 100% accessible with the SS1. I bet we're over TWICE the competition. Trekboxx surely has us beat, but I think that's about it. In the storage per dollar category I think the SS1 would be head and shoulders over anything else out there.

We've also got some fancy drawer add-ons juuuuuust about ready to launch. :)

Keep me posted on any add-ons and also I can help with any marketing needs you may have. Everytime I look at the fully loaded platform I think "hmmm I should take some pics" then I just keep it moving

This may not be very interesting to everyone but my average setup includes
  • The drawer is pulling kitchen duty when camping, and loaded w/ cold weather survival gear when winter hits Montana.
    >> The jetboil dual burner stove fits perfectly along with two pans and a pot. Then I use little pop fabric up drawer organizers for the rest.
  • Full suite of recovery straps in BROG bag
  • Loaded toolbag from BROG
  • Full size Maglok with shovel and axe attachment
  • Window covers / shades for every window in cruiser + front window shade
  • Full size RedOxx duffle bag for camp supplies
  • Kelty tarp and floor mat
  • ARB Compressor , the one that comes in their tool box
  • ARB tire repair kit
  • Air guage in a velcro bag that secures to the rear of the drawer ( and Map under the drawer along with tarp and stand for hi lift )
  • Hose and accessories for bumper mounted water tank
  • Boots
  • A bit of room to spare to took away little items that always get thrown in last minute.

Oh and there are little spaces between the mdidle row seats and where the platform starts to throw misc items.

On top of the platform lays a Milliard 6" mattress

I have the orangeboxx fab molle panels hanging as well

Cooler stays on top of the platform, and then when it comes time to sleep the cooler goes up front and me + the girlfriend and dog all pile up on the platform.

The key for me was finding the proper bags and tools to fit the long side sections and fill in all the hiding spots.

Keep me posted on any add-ons and also I can help with any marketing needs you may have. Everytime I look at the fully loaded platform I think "hmmm I should take some pics" then I just keep it moving

This may not be very interesting to everyone but my average setup includes
  • The drawer is pulling kitchen duty when camping, and loaded w/ cold weather survival gear when winter hits Montana.
    >> The jetboil dual burner stove fits perfectly along with two pans and a pot. Then I use little pop fabric up drawer organizers for the rest.
  • Full suite of recovery straps in BROG bag
  • Loaded toolbag from BROG
  • Full size Maglok with shovel and axe attachment
  • Window covers / shades for every window in cruiser + front window shade
  • Full size RedOxx duffle bag for camp supplies
  • Kelty tarp and floor mat
  • ARB Compressor , the one that comes in their tool box
  • ARB tire repair kit
  • Air guage in a velcro bag that secures to the rear of the drawer ( and Map under the drawer along with tarp and stand for hi lift )
  • Hose and accessories for bumper mounted water tank
  • Boots
  • A bit of room to spare to took away little items that always get thrown in last minute.

Oh and there are little spaces between the mdidle row seats and where the platform starts to throw misc items.

On top of the platform lays a Milliard 6" mattress

I have the orangeboxx fab molle panels hanging as well

Cooler stays on top of the platform, and then when it comes time to sleep the cooler goes up front and me + the girlfriend and dog all pile up on the platform.

The key for me was finding the proper bags and tools to fit the long side sections and fill in all the hiding spots.
Awesome setup! I've been meaning to put something like this together for a while, this was good motivation! Here is the loadout that I have been running for the last two years. The picture as shown is what is in the car at all times. I almost always feel like I'm forgetting something because it takes us 5mins to 'pack' for simple camping trips. I also feel confident that if we ever get severely stuck, a highway closes, etc. and we are unexpectedly doing an overnighter, we have enough food and gear that it wouldn't be too uncomfortable. No living off taco bell sauce here!
Platform Loadout.jpg
p

I have a question:
With the basic version of the platform, would it still be possible to fold the 2nd row seats down and create a sleepable area using a memory foam mattress, etc., or is there not enough support without the sleeper platform? I love the simplicity of the basic platform without the sleeper section, but I would still like the option to sleep in the truck. Apologies for stupid question.

I have a question:
With the basic version of the platform, would it still be possible to fold the 2nd row seats down and create a sleepable area using a memory foam mattress, etc., or is there not enough support without the sleeper platform? I love the simplicity of the basic platform without the sleeper section, but I would still like the option to sleep in the truck. Apologies for stupid question.

It's possible, but you'll need a large quantity of padding/pillows to create a nice flat surface. If you want to sleep on it we very strongly recommend the sleeper. The sleeper lies flat when not in use and creates an unrivaled flat and luxurious sleeping area.

Does the sleeping platform lay directly on top of the seats or is there a small gap?

Does the sleeping platform lay directly on top of the seats or is there a small gap?
It lays directly on the 2nd row and has zero gap where it rests on the seat back. Once a small amount of weight is on the sleeper portion (sleeping pad and pillow) the hinges stiffen up and provide a seemless full/queen size sleeping area. It's as close to a hotel as you can get in the car. With a good sleeping pad it's pretty amazing.

I just returned from my first trip with the SS1. We spent 10 days traveling through Eastern NV, Idaho, and Montana. The SS1 is a HUGE improvement from my old setup in which I'd remove the 2nd row seats fold a futon in half, stuff the back with coolers and luggage, then have to move coolers and luggage to the front seats / roof in order to sleep at night.

I was worried about the lack of headroom, but the tradeoff for convenience and comfort was 100% worth it. I'm also convinced that drawers would waste too much space. You'll notice that I have the legs extended to max height in order to accommodate coolers underneath - which was a huge priority for me.

Here are a couple pictures of the setup:

1594866818432.png

1594866774971.png

Last edited:
what sleeping pad are you guys using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom