Who in Here Actually Uses Their 3rd Row Seat(s)? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

80 third row is too small for teenagers. Used mine for 10 years, but it became ridiculous.

Go ahead and start planning for this:

223AA171-2777-4039-8401-C27E94EC30FB.jpeg

And yes, 34’s fit on a 2.5” lift with some BFH pinch seam coaxing. OME Taco struts and 885 coils up front, OME 862’s out back.

When you do it, you’ll wonder why you didn’t do it sooner. And you’ll get your 80 back, because ^^^ is mom’s rig.

When you get a Cruiser is required that you tear out Stereo, Runner Boards, 3rd Row, and Roof Rack (Rust trap) and if it has a Damage Multiplier that must go too. Then you add a Mud Sticker and the Pioneer Door Speakers, Replace the PHH, Do the 3 Oil Seals, Steady the Shaking Mirrors, and Replace the Coolant Diverter Valve. If you have big bucks you do the Seats and Leather Steering Wheel. When that's done you become a Keyboard Ninja... and never post about what tires, lift, battery or oil you should use....and always speak negatively about Jeeps and Gas Prices.

When you get a Cruiser is required that you tear out Stereo, Runner Boards, 3rd Row, and Roof Rack (Rust trap) and if it has a Damage Multiplier that must go too. Then you add a Mud Sticker and the Pioneer Door Speakers, Replace the PHH, Do the 3 Oil Seals, Steady the Shaking Mirrors, and Replace the Coolant Diverter Valve. If you have big bucks you do the Seats and Leather Steering Wheel. When that's done you become a Keyboard Ninja... and never post about what tires, lift, battery or oil you should use....and always speak negatively about Jeeps and Gas Prices.
I made a frosting bag of molly for my birfs, rebuilt my starter, and replaced the steering shaft seal in lieu of 3rd row removal. Dang gas went up 12 cents last week!

Last edited:
Uh oh. Momma still likes the running boards, damage multipliers, roof rack and third row on hers... Does have a new stereo and lockers

Uh oh. Momma still likes the running boards, damage multipliers, roof rack and third row on hers... Does have a new stereo and lockers

All three of those can be replaced with something both of you will like better.

Start sellin’.

All three of those can be replaced with something both of you will like better.

Start sellin’.
That’s why we have 2 80’s. Still use the 3rd row for family and friends. If she would just let me lift hers...

Start with “sliders make better running boards...”

That’s what I meant - sell her on the upgrades. :hillbilly:

This is a beautifully succinct summary. I wish I saw this before spending hours of reading across different forums to get the same info! Although I suppose spending days on ih8mud is kind of a rite of passage...

I have one in the attic somewhere but can’t really use it anymore and never have. Same for my 100, removed them and threw them in storage, never used. I also only have on child and he is now in college.

I've always wondered why you'd want an 80 if you didn't need the third row. I only have one because I have three kids. If I had 1-2 kids I'd have 4Runner, if I had 0 kids a pickup would be the answer.

Let me turn this question around: Why do you have an 80 if you don't use the third row?

I've always wondered why you'd want an 80 if you didn't need the third row. I only have one because I have three kids. If I had 1-2 kids I'd have 4Runner, if I had 0 kids a pickup would be the answer.

Let me turn this question around: Why do you have an 80 if you don't use the third row?
Cause they're badass!

Solid front axle and better off-road durability. I have owned a few 4runners, and they are great little trucks, but I always found myself researching/budgeting a solid axle swap. The LC's also seem to have a little more character :)

Anyone have more than 5 kids on this forum? Hats off to you all

Between my ex wife and current wife, I've got seven. Oldest will graduate this year and the littlest boy is just over a year now. So using my time effeciently is a must. Wanted to get a pic of the rear seats in use and I told him to smile . . .looks like he's yelling but he isn't. lol
Finally got my lift finished and deleted the lspv. Ended up making 3 new hard lines for the brakes and replaced all of the flexible ones w/ SS. First long trip down to the Sandhills of Nebraska to see the inlaws.

Ummmmmmm, if you take out your 3rd row seats you basically have to say goodbye to any tailgate-3rd row lean back 80 series poser shots.
035D6E82-17A1-4566-BBFF-F868864E812F.jpeg

Other than coz they're badass, as you would know already... I have two kids and our current adventure rig is JKU with a roof rack (which addresses the cargo issue). Yet I got the 80 since it's badass of all the luxo-Land Cruiser generations, and can't deny that I do like the extra cargo space, and the extra roomier cabin. The solid axles, the lockers, essentially just a gentleman version of the Jeep, in a Toyota, errr Lexux badge.

Between my ex wife and current wife, I've got seven. Oldest will graduate this year and the littlest boy is just over a year now. So using my time effeciently is a must. Wanted to get a pic of the rear seats in use and I told him to smile . . .looks like he's yelling but he isn't. lol

Looks like he's reacting to you driving off some sick jumps :steer::bounce:

BTW, after reading this thread, I am a little intrigued by the idea of leaving the third row in and taking the second row out to have a luxury indoor boot-fitting area on snow days:hmm:

I'm looking for a set of 3rd row seat brackets for a 97 lx450 if anyone has a lead on a set. I'm also looking for the seatbelts also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom