Need help with 3rd row seat attachment bushing identification. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm having trouble with the 3rd row seat attachment points. The seats don't want to fit properly into the rail and they come loose when I try to raise them up to the side. I think I'm missing a bushing on the rail that is bolted to the wheel well. I'm not sure what it looks like. Can anyone chime in with a picture of their 80 with the 3rd row bar. Thanks for any help.
005B0F49-81DB-41B4-BE15-2E9FC192D0FE.jpeg

Last edited:
Try this site. Has great pics of cruisers and should help. Can always try Partsouq as well.

After you get a seat on the rail are you pushing it forward to click/lock it onto the rail? Removal includes pressing a flap to unlock the seat on the rail so that you can slide it back and then remove it.

After you get a seat on the rail are you pushing it forward to click/lock it onto the rail? Removal includes pressing a flap to unlock the seat on the rail so that you can slide it back and then remove it.
Yep I tried that but can never get a positive engagement. There were some pieces of plastic that came out in pieces before and I thought that it was part of a plastic bushing that was supposed to be there

plastic that came out in pieces

Yeah, I think you are on the right track then if that's the case. I've never paid too much attention to the connection but assume your seats now wobble on the rail so that the latch doesn't work very well.

As you know, folks often get rid of 3rd row seats for little/no $$ and they likely aren't hot items for part-outs so I assume you can source new parts somewhat easily for these.

May be easier to just make new bushings, if you are handy in that way, but you'll need some photos and measurements before you start I assume. If needed I could get some average quality photos/measurements to you but it will likely take a few days. Depending on how they are designed this could also be a decent 3d print project.

Yeah, I think you are on the right track then if that's the case. I've never paid too much attention to the connection but assume your seats now wobble on the rail so that the latch doesn't work very well.

As you know, folks often get rid of 3rd row seats for little/no $$ and they likely aren't hot items for part-outs so I assume you can source new parts somewhat easily for these.

May be easier to just make new bushings, if you are handy in that way, but you'll need some photos and measurements before you start I assume. If needed I could get some average quality photos/measurements to you but it will likely take a few days. Depending on how they are designed this could also be a decent 3d print project.
Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind if I can’t find the right piece. I wanted to put mine back in the cruiser because i want to keep everything stock and in place. Besides I’m tired of tripping over the seats stored in my house, lol 😂

I'll try to remember to snap pictures next time I'm messing with my 3rd row. The plastic bushings are on the seats themselves, not on the mounting rail. your mounting rail looks complete to me.

1702504628882.png

Bushings are part of 78910A (RH, 7891060020) and 78620A (LH, 7892060010) in the diagram above. Seems like you can still find the assembly from Toyota dealerships or you could rob it off of a complete set of 3rd row seats that you find used.

View attachment 3506215

Bushings are part of 78910A (RH, 7891060020) and 78620A (LH, 7892060010) in the diagram above. Seems like you can still find the assembly from Toyota dealerships or you could rob it off of a complete set of 3rd row seats that you find used.
Thanks for that! I think that is the part I was looking for. I’ll check with my local dealer to see if it’s still available.

I am unable to provide that part. Frequently parts we can't get for a Land Cruiser can be ordered for an LX450.
Parts Souk carries parts for the 80 series that remained in production after 1997 in some countries.

So with a little finagling, I figured out the problem and the seats go in easily now. The semi round tabs that engage were just slightly bent enough to not go into the female slot. I used a pair of channel lock pliers to bend them enough that they fit inside intil the spring clasp secures the seat, problem solved. I have been fighting this since I’ve had the Landcruiser for four years and could never figure it out. Thanks for all the help!

C5E7A970-6F41-4DCE-AB80-9B62F9D3F478.jpeg

203A54C1-3CC6-459B-A443-6A4709C01C49.jpeg

68B7B4AF-F088-4C3E-9E16-F602A694B0AF.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom