LC & LX470 Tesla Style Screen Radio Upgrade with Climate Control: General Discussions (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

But does it have night vision???

After all of the documented experiences of this dash unit it seems like the general consensus it’s rather disappointing. Besides the ability to have apps and a large screen with integrated climate controls, it seems like this is years behind in terms of specs and system performance. A couple years ago I was a big fan of a YouTube channel called Sound Man Car Audio. He retrofitted the latest iPads into just about any vehicle his customers brought him. From a pristine air-cooled 911 to a brand new Ford Raptor, he and his team made it happen and they documented every step in their videos. He has a website also called Sound Man Car Audio. Really interesting stuff and IMHO that would be the only way to go in terms of touch screen in-dash tablets - lightning fast, 4G hotspot capabilities, the ability to download any app from the App Store, and most importantly not Android OS.

I will say, Android os is by far the best for this application. I use a Samsung tablet on my dash, and it's as snappy as my iPhone, with all the benefits of Android. The problem with all these units isn't Android, it's the crap hardware and the skin they put over Android to make things like the HVAC work. Android is just the open platform that gives them the freedom to muck it up with their own crap.

My rear AC controls are working fine. There's a separate button on the on-screen HVAC panel to turn the rear system on or off.
Same

Has anyone installed this in a truck that had a dead factory nav/radio? I'm wondering if this will remedy the problem or if the problematic components are not replaced by this unit.

My mom has an '04 that has lost nav/radio functionality, but the climate control still works. This seems like a cheaper/better option than chasing down the issues in the factory system.

I am trying to install the screen in a 2006 Land Cruiser but after installing everything and connecting all, I have sound and everything but the A/C controls don’t seem to work. Can anyone please help me with this situation?

Attached are the pictures of the installation, the canbus, the screen reference and how the A/C controls look.

Thank You for your help!

32017730-47EC-4574-B5B7-9B7E0D517A60.jpeg

EC82F8C8-B852-41F9-A403-991A20AFB64E.jpeg

06E3E808-E903-45BC-AF1F-C257E8BA4FD4.jpeg

17C6C23B-1384-4EF7-9BB5-8643055D056F.jpeg

I am trying to install the screen in a 2006 Land Cruiser but after installing everything and connecting all, I have sound and everything but the A/C controls don’t seem to work. Can anyone please help me with this situation?

Attached are the pictures of the installation, the canbus, the screen reference and how the A/C controls look.

Thank You for your help!

Have you gone into the settings to check the car type? @21jacob21 had a similar issue with the install in his 2004 LC and ended up fixing the problem by going into the settings and choosing the "BNR with A/C" protocol after @Wetwillie suggested it.

1570068603645.png

Have you gone into the settings to check the car type? @21jacob21 had a similar issue with the install in his 2004 LC and ended up fixing the problem by going into the settings and choosing the "BNR with A/C" protocol after @Wetwillie suggested it.

View attachment 2097553

Thanks @Elle Ex for the information! Can you or @21jacob21 or @Wetwillie tell me where can I change the car type and the protocol? I don’t seem to find the settings to change them.

Thank You!

Thanks @Elle Ex for the information! Can you or @21jacob21 or @Wetwillie tell me where can I change the car type and the protocol? I don’t seem to find the settings to change them.

Thank You!
Look for an option in the Settings menu that is protected by a PIN (I don't recall what the label says and it's too late to go outside to check right now). Try using 8861, and if that doesn't work, 8879. You should be able to find the settings you're looking for in there.

The green harness in this pic is what fixed the CC for me. The vendor gave me the wrong cable originally and sent me the green harness which fixed my issue.
View attachment 2097984

View attachment 2097986

Hello Elle Ex and Wetwillie,

I did what Elle Ex told me in the settings and protocol and know I can see how the A/C was left before installing the tesla style screen but cannot control anything (attached are the images).

Wetwillie you think what I need is the green premium harness? Does it have to be sent from China or is there someone in the USA who has it?

Thank You Ellie Ex and Wetwillie for your help!

86FF79DD-DB87-408F-8EA1-A612C9150A8B.jpeg

8CB69C41-6648-4EFA-B1DD-43E0E32BA814.jpeg

I have a 2003 Land Cruiser. The green harness fixed the CC issue for me. It seems newer models were plug and play.
I would try to get the green harness from the vendor that you bought the radio from.

question: mine is the original quad core /2gb unit and its all functioning but my AC is in celcius. if i switch it to Farenheit in the settings it just changes the C to the F and doesnt actually change the calculation. is there something im missing? i appreciate it.

I realized the other day that my Dual button doesn't seem to work, either ('06 LX).

I hadn't noticed before now because I always leave the zones synced, but that's worth pointing out for others considering this unit who may want to use that function. Hopefully it's something that can be addressed in the settings, because I'm not holding my breath for any software updates from the manufacturer.

Can someone else with the PX6 unit chime in on whether or not your dual zone HVAC function is working?

I just installed this in my GX 470 and dual is working.

I installed the px6 in my GX 470 this past weekend. I am pleasantly surprised, overall it exceeds my expectations.
- With the brightness all the way up, I can see the screen fairly well during midday.
- Car Auto as they call it works fairly well, sometimes takes a bit for Android Auto to start up. Car Play is seemingly faster.
- BT audio and phone seem to work well. My unit came with an external mic.
- GPS is working fine even though the antenna is not mounted yet.

Some issues:
- The main issue is that I hear distortion and clipping in the audio when I go past volume 24.
- Long press on the info screen is supposed to go into more settings, but on my unit it does nothing.

If you have ideas about my issues, I eagerly await your feedback.

CarToys in Boulder has offered to pull the ML amp and install all new wiring and speakers for about $1100, this would include a dash pack amp from Alpine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom