Builds Reunited after 20 years! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The chart I found showed early '64. It's the green and black one found on Mud.

Thanks!

I look up the list and saw a 5-22802. One off from mine but didn't see my number. Where is it.? Also the list I saw didn't have owners listed. I guess I'm missing something...

AHA! Wrong thread. Found it.

4/65 which makes sense as you have the windshield vent, even new cars have early production dates vs the actual year.

Thanks. I'll make new plates for it with that. I doubt anyone will ever know or care whether or not it's good. Can you post the chart you have or PM it to me?

Last edited:
It’s on Spector’s website
679BAEB0-2C1E-4F41-9651-C35A2E3DD35C.png

Then it's March '65. Not late.

It still confuses me. A March production date. A T-66 coin. A '66 title. What on earth made it a '66?

Aaha!

The 45 has a room mate now. When STPCHLD is done, these two will get a new start.

I haven't even started on the 45 yet but I believe I've decided to give it a 5 speed. I've got a good 2F already for it so that may make for a good driver. I doubt it will be a trail rig ever. So making it a traveler will make for a much better ride I think. Anyone have an idea what's best? I've had an FJ40 with an NV4500 but that's really over kill. What about an H55F? That needs a later t-case doesn't it?

Chime in for me please.

The trans hump is already butchered so fixing that and moving the transmission hole doesn't matter. The truck has more than enough room for drive shaft length changes too. Any strong opinions?

I have an H55 in my 40 and it’s great. Shifts like a nice vehicle transmission. I have “heard” from friends that the NV shifts much more like a heavy truck transmission but I have no experience.

I think you’ll love the 5 speed. I have a 3FE and a four-speed in my 45 and I wish I had a five speed. Not an option for me as I’m trying to stick with a column shift eventually.

The H55 in the 40 has a SBC in front of it so no shortage of HP. I’m sure someone with a 2F and an H55 can chime in.

Parking brake is the biggest issue for the split case.

My Zebranator II had an NV4500 after a short stint of an SM420. The SM was VERY MUCH a truck transmission. More so than the NV. I loved the high end for driving out to Tellico, and the low end for for trail riding. Nothing like the Marlin Ultimate Crawler in my next rig but better than stock by a mile.

Last edited:
I agree. My NV was installed what... 22 years ago? My buddy Gene (RIP) was a huge hot rodder and was the perfect buddy to teach me how to create my own adapters to fit it in the truck. It even allowed me to create new motor mounts that let you remove the transmission and still be able to roll the truck around. It also served as a new Slave Cylinder mount.

Ahhh, the old days...

Thanks! I’ll be starting up on it fairly soon. I’m very close to driving STPCHLD now. It won’t be long now...

Sorry. Haven't started yet. But I thought I could fill this time with asking for knowledge.

I do believe I want to install a solid power steering setup. (My Zebranator had a Saginaw setup that was awesome. Is there another option comparable? With the early firewall, is there another option that doesn't need a plate at the firewall to mount a bearing?

I also want to install a Toyota H55F 5 speed. I know it's been done plenty of times but anyone have a best scenario figured out for where to buy the works?

Sorry. Haven't started yet. But I thought I could fill this time with asking for knowledge.

I do believe I want to install a solid power steering setup. (My Zebranator had a Saginaw setup that was awesome. Is there another option comparable? With the early firewall, is there another option that doesn't need a plate at the firewall to mount a bearing?

I also want to install a Toyota H55F 5 speed. I know it's been done plenty of times but anyone have a best scenario figured out for where to buy the works?

I bought my H55/Split setup delivered from @orangefj45 at Valley Hybrids. He had a core split case so I did not have to pay shipping that way. He knows all the parts you need.

You can hang an H55/split off the 2F 4 speed bellhousing. I have two setups similar and I chose to use rhe 3 piece FJ60 crossmember and welded the sides to the frame.

Easy but not necessary. The bellhousing mount will handle it all hanging

As for power steering, I just did one on my 68. It uses a bushing pressed into the tube on the stock shaft. No bearing at firewall. I thing eliminating the push pull and center arm is the only way to ever get 40/55 steering right

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom