TOYOTA PIC OF THE DAY POST (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JuynM0_EDFoGE5ygAi5H3ZvgtOfP8EALkvIw1sCLs3kRv0hFIRvRAChbuDQRfsMfSux3Izi48VIOsa4Tif-zNwavPTZzjMrCv0hX5yQyOUNqUCFmmdhfUTJh5-VrQ76t8o7_dEFtvH48k0hVnkcf0S-MzPXexAsQfUMbTBvw0qiIFPXVuVZFvShuLHsyZUyYkIO0rxi3SXsq1c-sEGJDy1vEFb4RHowWTu4ZVibNZCGUX-YxacJs00naZgOK8wPx4HjD4h06dnIuynyPWH0fuMK2cZsOcRFEtytCqTneLQ_XycvQ-xl6RSWD6EfWNto7EhDZjYYxlNGbophxFlXlHtJ3n4_tW4Ag51dZnCaS4OktZU2WdcLupVeLXvAt_ETUd2u1VbbXcjOBh2W1NjNw79Lk2LqZlCl7TFStPuM-9fldH7caWxCs2b4QsvWWBRdS71dQTE17TYWYTPMel6Ll5NZ4SmLGI_kFQvjMNMp4MkoJP5I6PEZ2OQO45pA_oz0eCXSxZbR7zrqq7SdV_zCOrQyHdDGvH4vy7B3j_jZ0vmYG__8FLfBRYQXBo4t1KqOXF9SNJDpG1_2xw-aBK-zWu0f8NKFkb0SSTWxBoYY_bs-zmlNWmM18Sey1_09oePtB_EDY5QmpMo_oaUM7MaFH6Lz6zH7-F1c=w1411-h1058-no

Haha!, that's awesome. At least you have some fuel burning (not booze) device to push snow around. :steer:

Haha yeah, I had a tractor population explosion a year or so ago.

Plow bitch is 70's JD lawn tractor. Thing is a freaking beast, weighs about a thousand pounds, fully hydraulic, quad tires on the back. Generally terrifying to run...not a lot in the way of safety features. You could fall off and it wouldn't stop until it hit a tree or pushed a house over. It's kindof awesome. :hillbilly:

I'd like to convert it to diesel one day, because I swear it would use less fuel if it had a 350 in it.

I used to have a blade on a regular little disposable ride-on, but you had to get off and manually change the blade angle, sucked compared to this thing. Plus it would bog out in more than a couple inches.

I'm running out of places to push the damn stuff tho, if I thought I could get the kubota from out back without getting it stuck, I'd use it to hoof some of this crap over the fence. I gather we're going to get this much again tonight. Should make for a fun commute tomorrow morning. I'll have to remember to set the alarm early. :bang:

Haha yeah, I had a tractor population explosion a year or so ago.

Plow bitch is 70's JD lawn tractor. Thing is a freaking beast, weighs about a thousand pounds, fully hydraulic, quad tires on the back. Generally terrifying to run...not a lot in the way of safety features. You could fall off and it wouldn't stop until it hit a tree or pushed a house over. It's kindof awesome. :hillbilly:

I'd like to convert it to diesel one day, because I swear it would use less fuel if it had a 350 in it.

I used to have a blade on a regular little disposable ride-on, but you had to get off and manually change the blade angle, sucked compared to this thing. Plus it would bog out in more than a couple inches.

I'm running out of places to push the damn stuff tho, if I thought I could get the kubota from out back without getting it stuck, I'd use it to hoof some of this crap over the fence. I gather we're going to get this much again tonight. Should make for a fun commute tomorrow morning. I'll have to remember to set the alarm early. :bang:

I need to get me a bigger property so I have an excuse to get something like that! I'm always eying up tractors....something to do with having grown up on a ranch perhaps.... For now will have to stick with the beer fueled snow plow. :hillbilly:

It's pretty fun. :hillbilly:

Has a high range on the axle that I rarely use because it's somewhat alarming how fast it goes...like seriously. A tractor shouldn't go that fast. :eek:

I'd wanted a little b series kubota for years, but they were always overpriced (could buy a full size tractor for less) and I'd pretty much given up the day I bought the JD, then literally THE NEXT DAY, a b1550 popped up in my poorhouse price range.

There were tears of joy on swmbo's face as I brought them both home within 24 hours of each other.

Tears. Of. Joy. 🤣

Tears. Of. Joy. 🤣

Ahaha, that's hilarious! 🤣

What model is your old JD? Maybe I'll keep an eye out for something like that. Just might be able to convince swmbo it's worth it even for our little 1/4 acre lot....

It's an old JD400. They made them from the mid 70's to early 80's, and then they became 4xx, often diesel powered.

Way more money for the newer diesels tho. This one was cheap because it was truly hideous looking. Pretty bullet proof old machines.

I have a rear tiller for it, but I'm going to modify it to fit on the kubota, the rear pto on the jd is a pain. Have to bolt on a gear box to the back end, and then a driveshaft, so I doubt I'd ever use it.

A lot of the early JD stuff was fully hydro, Front hydo take offs, and a rear 3pt hitch, which makes them basically a miniature tractor. whereas the ride ons you generally see have a rear axle made by "tuff torq" which is not serviceable, and is more than the lawnmower is worth to replace.

That's that whining sound you hear when people mow up hills, it's the $1k repair bill approaching.

0bIkK23Z_RB1hSVovq7DvQIMGxbPLM9L_7srmpHm7AFmGtEgDfIx2WWIPoLGk92S9iAiWelB1JWAv8sfIT59vC6Xo9TApFgb49WYoopw4TdQoVw6HWWK8ie-ioG7WpCSIdet_YwJoyityz7FL2xJ_KSKZSC6m0SrctvYHi9FTHmJ6tog0LqKDQpSPkbQaQXky924xNTAupbd8gsqmXbTXH1gwqlmCD_zlCnItwM1LjGHhaOJPp4zOXlC_gcgheTsOxmwBK8dkeeH5MmzsPK-wRnMbXfCWI6m9hQHPBbm17AOiPY01d6rKS3J9ieW-1qb9Ur0-pdp-lQM-8qtMQ3q4cL45wnRrDW4aKiOy9hpVRXTe2jjbRnVbgrX-VacPwE1UatwMpZDBvnNu1fxZuz_2-4WHERyALFC9TM269C3GYXgncRh7AfFoYBZqABM5ptIt1CbrSfJpKBhbeefGVysTFJIGQxte8mqmrl6aN6OHCvxoMb4_w_4s_laPWoLTeg-yngaYKjZPAV_N0XxHxQ5wqpXITjb7hDDEiZxcYyDbDuia5IiZa0kb5oje2RrmWOjsPQ6gPkE9JE57BMEJmUUrAlEXblM9d2FhmXgSoCLUB9-TkmcprszzDCweoby1jUyzKJvurTFF-Fr7IEiAe6D5ZcjGWKHsGk=w718-h957-no

It's an old JD400. They made them from the mid 70's to early 80's, and then they became 4xx, often diesel powered.

Way more money for the newer diesels tho. This one was cheap because it was truly hideous looking. Pretty bullet proof old machines.

I have a rear tiller for it, but I'm going to modify it to fit on the kubota, the rear pto on the jd is a pain. Have to bolt on a gear box to the back end, and then a driveshaft, so I doubt I'd ever use it.

A lot of the early JD stuff was fully hydro, Front hydo take offs, and a rear 3pt hitch, which makes them basically a miniature tractor. whereas the ride ons you generally see have a rear axle made by "tuff torq" which is not serviceable, and is more than the lawnmower is worth to replace.

That's that whining sound you hear when people mow up hills, it's the $1k repair bill approaching.

0bIkK23Z_RB1hSVovq7DvQIMGxbPLM9L_7srmpHm7AFmGtEgDfIx2WWIPoLGk92S9iAiWelB1JWAv8sfIT59vC6Xo9TApFgb49WYoopw4TdQoVw6HWWK8ie-ioG7WpCSIdet_YwJoyityz7FL2xJ_KSKZSC6m0SrctvYHi9FTHmJ6tog0LqKDQpSPkbQaQXky924xNTAupbd8gsqmXbTXH1gwqlmCD_zlCnItwM1LjGHhaOJPp4zOXlC_gcgheTsOxmwBK8dkeeH5MmzsPK-wRnMbXfCWI6m9hQHPBbm17AOiPY01d6rKS3J9ieW-1qb9Ur0-pdp-lQM-8qtMQ3q4cL45wnRrDW4aKiOy9hpVRXTe2jjbRnVbgrX-VacPwE1UatwMpZDBvnNu1fxZuz_2-4WHERyALFC9TM269C3GYXgncRh7AfFoYBZqABM5ptIt1CbrSfJpKBhbeefGVysTFJIGQxte8mqmrl6aN6OHCvxoMb4_w_4s_laPWoLTeg-yngaYKjZPAV_N0XxHxQ5wqpXITjb7hDDEiZxcYyDbDuia5IiZa0kb5oje2RrmWOjsPQ6gPkE9JE57BMEJmUUrAlEXblM9d2FhmXgSoCLUB9-TkmcprszzDCweoby1jUyzKJvurTFF-Fr7IEiAe6D5ZcjGWKHsGk=w718-h957-no

Great info, thanks very much! I'm going to keep my eye out. If I can find one in the right price range I'm going to go for it; just fine for what I need.

Hmmmm...how many engines will I have to maintain then.....~10?

Came across this...tempting: $950 · Case 446 Tractor

Last edited:
Great info, thanks very much! I'm going to keep my eye out. If I can find one in the right price range I'm going to go for it; just fine for what I need.

Yep I'm well into double digits now...:bang:

Those old cases are cool, I'd be tempted too.

I had a loader for the jd at one point , but it needed "everything" so I sold it, but small as they are, the little garden tractors with a loader are handy. If I didn't have the Kubota aka diesel wheelbarrow I'd have fixed it up.

Someone could have easily made their money back on that thing in the last two days alone, with that plow and snowblower.

Snow day... no need to shovel the driveway. Gotta love a cruiser when the weather gets ugly.

Driving to Duncan was definitely a treat this morning...The heros in lifted fords doing 80+ were more of a hazard than the packed snow. As per usual. :rolleyes:

Glad my tires are pretty fresh, and that I own a cruiser. :smokin:

Although I have to admit, swmbo's crv is freaking amazing in snow.

If we'd got the 40cm they were threatening in nanaimo, nobody was getting out of cedar without a sled or a helicopter...:lol:

My other half manages food service at a local care facility. I set the cruiser up for her last night as she needs to be at work or no one eats. Dropped tire pressure to 20 psi to give a little more traction. Hubs in and 4wd on. Thought about chains, but took the cruiser for a little test drive last night and chains would have been overkill. Her workers were telling here they wouldnt be in because of the snow, so she drove around at 6am and picked them up in the cruiser...haha! The cruiser bus. We have about 10"-12" here in Victoria. And yeah, we have fast driving heros here too. Mostly Jeep's on 35's from what I've seen. Idiots.

My other half manages food service at a local care facility. I set the cruiser up for her last night as she needs to be at work or no one eats. Dropped tire pressure to 20 psi to give a little more traction. Hubs in and 4wd on. Thought about chains, but took the cruiser for a little test drive last night and chains would have been overkill. Her workers were telling here they wouldnt be in because of the snow, so she drove around at 6am and picked them up in the cruiser...haha! The cruiser bus. We have about 10"-12" here in Victoria. And yeah, we have fast driving heros here too. Mostly Jeep's on 35's from what I've seen. Idiots.
Midway through this mornings outing I remembered that I’ve got chains... way overkill. I’m finding I don’t even need 4wd.

I bought this plow years ago from an old guy who had it mounted on a 40 series. Had to re-work the base mount a bit but it ended up fitting ok. I might re-fine the bracketry a bit. How often do you really need a snow plow around here? Bit of a trick to getting used to the winch but otherwise pushes pretty well. Pushed quite a bit of snow around here the last couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom