UPGRADE - Basics are done (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I only surf MUD on computers - the phone screen is too small :doh:
I am definitely in the 36%. I find phone screens too small to do much on most websites and IH8MUD looks great on my Laptop!

🆒
Couldn't agree more....Not only too small, but IMHO screens are too busy. Touch screens are the bane of getting older & crustier...either I'm shakin' too much or eye-hand coordination has become a joke...or both:rolleyes:

Black to White background and wider!! Very cool, I love it!! Better definition, well done.
Thanks Woody!!

A small opportunity for improvement- the transition from stickies to current threads could be more obvious. It’s fine for the veteran users but perhaps not quite clear for a first timer.

I don't see a forum jump button anymore.

Odd...lol....only 36% of site visitors are desktop/laptop....57% are mobile, 7% tablet 👍🏼

What category is a Chromebook?

On iPad I wish that the panel on the right was not there when looking at thread listing in landscape mode. It is wasted space but in portrait mode it disappears ... but I hate using my tablet like that.... maybe this will make me learn something new!

"Jump to new" should be renamed "View First Unread" IMO.

Kudos for the upgrade. Looks great.

Is there a search software/algorithm update? I was recently trying to find the listing for those superchargers that @2fpower sold a couple years back. The thread I was trying to find was called "Magnuson supercharger for 1fz motor FZJ80"

I just ran a search for "supercharger" in the for sale forum. No luck. I checked the box that says "in this forum only" AND I added a specific user. Still no luck. Hundreds of strings showed up and only one was in the correct forum and none with the correct user. Very hard to find the string. Just seems like a search function change or tweak.

If I do it through google instead of the forum it is more effective/accurate.

Google search "supercharger magnuson ih8mud site:forum.ih8mud.com" and it is the first result.

Google rocks for search....lol

There is a plugin that was used for Search with the previous software...it is updated, but not installed just yet. Chasing "critical" bugs before I add in new variables :) Suspect that will be done in the next week.

There are a handful of non-critical addons that are being held off right now.

I just noticed that when using the search function in the classifieds contents of “conversations” is posted, thought these were more or less private.

Your search results are YOUR conversations...no one else's. So yes, they remain private.

Woody,

when you click the Clubhouse button, the line-up of the Clubhouses looks jumbled - either smaller smaller font or wider window would allow each Clubhouse to occupy just one line, as in the past (not two, as currently)

Subforum column layouts suck... on the list

I like the new look and features. Nice work!

One question:

I can no longer add Classified forums to my “watched forum” list. Is this just a limitation of the new software?

I can no longer add Classified forums to my “watched forum” list. Is this just a limitation of the new software?

The "watch" button is below the subforums list right side.

Hi,
For some reason my watched forum dissipated.
When I go to the forum it shows watched, but when I click the drop down on watched noting is there.
Hmmmm
Thanks,

I use to see a profile page that would be able to search posting by a member. At the bottom the page of postings was a option to search threads created by that member. Is that feature gone? I found that very useful in my search to find old threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom