Florida LandCruiser Owner Registry (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Your rig is real purty. I live in Tallahassee too who woulda thunk. Well not really....i work in Tallahassee and live kinda close to St Marks. That pic above was from The App Natl Forest. Lots of trail action there. All of Wakulla and Franklin have lots of stuff. Tates Hell of course. I've talked to a couple other guys around here but have yet to meet them. I'm just finishing an axle rebuild so I'll be ready to ride by the weekend. If you wrench a lot I'm always down for that. Welcome.

Your rig is real purty. I live in Tallahassee too who woulda thunk. Well not really....i work in Tallahassee and live kinda close to St Marks. That pic above was from The App Natl Forest. Lots of trail action there. All of Wakulla and Franklin have lots of stuff. Tates Hell of course. I've talked to a couple other guys around here but have yet to meet them. I'm just finishing an axle rebuild so I'll be ready to ride by the weekend. If you wrench a lot I'm always down for that. Welcome.
Dammit. That was for@chaser717

All good! I don’t really wrench much but learning. After I get the updates on the cruiser, I’ll work on figuring out some needed mods. When I get new tires and some other minor details, I’ll be looking for something to get into in very soon.

Thanks!

Hello, from Jacksonville.

QdV7s7O.png

All good! I don’t really wrench much but learning. After I get the updates on the cruiser, I’ll work on figuring out some needed mods. When I get new tires and some other minor details, I’ll be looking for something to get into in very soon.

Thanks!
Nice to have another local cruiser owner. We might could start talking about a local get together.

Hello from Chattahoochee. Just got my truck and put some 315s on it, still learning where it can and can't go while I collect recovery gear and get my GF's Taco back on the road (she ran into a hole the other night and broke her rack and pinion) so we can take turns pulling each other out.

Hello from Chattahoochee. Just got my truck and put some 315s on it, still learning where it can and can't go while I collect recovery gear and get my GF's Taco back on the road (she ran into a hole the other night and broke her rack and pinion) so we can take turns pulling each other out.
sup from Wakulla! just finished my axles and rolling again.

Could do a springs trip or something. I don't know much for wheeling out that way yet.
Appalachicola nf.Tates Hell. There's stuff. But I'm down for a non wheeling meet up. I am also down to hit what I know with you even if it's just a couple trucks. Entrance to ANF varies. it's huge. For ref I live on the Wakulla down by saint marks.

Hello from Melbourne, FL. Been off-roading for many years now, but traded in my Xterra for a 2wd F150 three years ago, and haven't done much in the woods since. Having a second kid didn't help, but now he's old enough that we've decided to start getting out more again.

Picked up a slightly used LX470 and ready to go! Hopefully there's enough people still around that I can go out with someone else - it's always sketchy to go play in florida mud with no one to pull you out if that mud puddle turns out to be bottomless!

Cheers!

IMG_20180902_165620056-2137x1603.jpg
IMG_20180909_124328491_HDR-2137x1603.jpg

Hey fellow mudders,
I have an hj61 with a charging prob. Just got it imported from Japan. Just put new batteries in but I’m slowing watching the volts drop (while running) from 28...27...26... now I’m scared to go anywhere. Pretty sure it’s the alternator, but the alt literally looks clean, like it’s recently been dealt with/removed/cleaned etc. I have a volt meter and I’ve been educating myself little by little to check stuff but you can’t learn this stuff overnight. so...I need a cruiser mechanic that knows 24volt vehicles, that can troubleshoot elec/charging issue. Any suggestions? Tampa area. Thanks in advance.

Hey fellow mudders,
I have an hj61 with a charging prob. Just got it imported from Japan. Just put new batteries in but I’m slowing watching the volts drop (while running) from 28...27...26... now I’m scared to go anywhere. Pretty sure it’s the alternator, but the alt literally looks clean, like it’s recently been dealt with/removed/cleaned etc. I have a volt meter and I’ve been educating myself little by little to check stuff but you can’t learn this stuff overnight. so...I need a cruiser mechanic that knows 24volt vehicles, that can troubleshoot elec/charging issue. Any suggestions? Tampa area. Thanks in advance.

Have you checked basic stuff like the condition of your wiring? Like your main grounds? At the age all these trucks are usually all the main cable need to be replaced, they get internal corrosion. Especially possible on one that probably spent 3 months on a boat in the ocean.

Hello from Green Cove Springs, new to Land Cruiser with a 1989 FJ62. Been in Jeeps a long time and wanted something with some old time cool factor.

View attachment 1878445
Saw this guy for sale in jax back in October from a shop I used to go to and since closed. He let it go pretty cheap... And then I saw it back up for quite a bit more. Hows it run?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom