What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (67 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Didn't do anything special with it but it ticked over 350,000 kms.
20180820_123822.jpg

GOT A LIFT! The Tough Dog is EXTREMELY SMOOOTTHHHHHH on road! Feels like my Aunt's Lexus LS460. WAY better than the spongy boat-like OEMs. @reevesci was very helpful and informative! I was a total newb and he basically walked me through how everything worked, Anyways here is a pic! Lol. Might need bigger tires now, the 33 kinda looks small with a lift.
oFtaQj8.jpg

wx9PB7W.jpg

NRrKkql.jpg

@KraziAzn what size tires are you running?

Removed the wood grain from the newly acquired "White Rhino"...did the window control units yesterday, will tackle center console today. It was surprisingly easier than I thought/read about. Once I got the wood grain off, there were just strips of double sided tape which came off quickly, took about 5 minutes/per. It came off so clean I didn't have to use any solvents to remove residue. More pics today and I tackle the center console.

One of the best no $$$ mods out there...and yes, I know removing the running boards is another...wife nixed that idea...she said she uses them to get into the truck.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July.
Before
View attachment 1736713

View attachment 1736714

View attachment 1736785
After
View attachment 1736786

View attachment 1736715

@WaHoo how did you remove the overlays?.. heat them up? I need mine done and not sure how to go about.

@WaHoo how did you remove the overlays?.. heat them up? I need mine done and not sure how to go about.
Read through the threads I linked below. To soften the adhesive you can use either very light heat from a heat gun, a hair dryer, or close all windows and let your truck bake in the sun for a few hours if it's a hot sunny day. Be patient and gentle while peeling it off. Some Goo Gone or similar solvent will help remove the remaining adhesive residue.

Center Con Fake Wood Replacement/Removal of Aftermarket Trim?

Wood-Grain Dash-Kit Removal Tip

Interior Trim Cleanup/Refurb...Suggestions??

Wood Grain Trim Removable?

EDIT: @WaHoo there was double sided tape attaching your wood to the trim pieces?? I don't think that's OEM....AFAIK the entire back of each wood piece is all adhesive with a backing paper that you remove before applying. Was it replaced with aftermarket at some point? Or am I just ignorant to the fact that some do use tape?

Last edited:
I installed the extended end links from Trail Tailor over the weekend and took the truck out to see if I could tell a difference.

The build quality is top notch. I was really impressed at how much of a difference I could tell both on road and off road... I wasn't expecting it to be that drastic honestly. I have become so used to the harshness of a lifted ride that now I feel the softness that I had back when I was stock. No more thunking on the trail when my wheels fall into holes or when I hit whoops fast. I would not have expected bringing my sway bars back to OE angles would make such a difference. Thanks @reevesci, excellent product!

IMG_20180815_165450.jpg
IMG_20180815_173316.jpg
IMG_20180818_130259.jpg
IMG_20180818_145242.jpg

I installed the extended end links from Trail Tailor over the weekend and took the truck out to see if I could tell a difference.

The build quality is top notch. I was really impressed at how much of a difference I could tell both on road and off road... I wasn't expecting it to be that drastic honestly. I have become so used to the harshness of a lifted ride that now I feel the softness that I had back when I was stock. No more thunking on the trail when my wheels fall into holes or when I hit whoops fast. I would not have expected bringing my sway bars back to OE angles would make such a difference. Thanks @reevesci, excellent product!

View attachment 1771273 View attachment 1771275 View attachment 1771276 View attachment 1771277
This is on my list of TTD.

After having the driver side door speaker quit working, I narrowed it down to the wiring between the kick panel and door. After getting it all pulled apart, I found a broken speaker wire and a couple others that had cracked insulation. I've never seen this before in a Toyota, but ended up repairing both speaker wires and one other that had damaged insulation.

IMG_8359.JPG

IMG_8360.JPG

The truck sat for 4 weeks for what i thought was a seized caliper. Putting it into gear and forcing it to move only skid the passenger rear wheel across the ground.

Got my new rebuilt caliper finally put in this saturday but results were the same...
After some speculation i thought to check the ebrake and sure enough the shoes were locked in place. Pulled the shoes off for now and the truck can finally move! :bounce2:

GOT A LIFT! The Tough Dog is EXTREMELY SMOOOTTHHHHHH on road! Feels like my Aunt's Lexus LS460. WAY better than the spongy boat-like OEMs. @reevesci was very helpful and informative! I was a total newb and he basically walked me through how everything worked, Anyways here is a pic! Lol. Might need bigger tires now, the 33 kinda looks small with a lift.
oFtaQj8.jpg

wx9PB7W.jpg

NRrKkql.jpg

41 front /45 adjustable rear with Tough Dog torsion bars, but I actually went with Ironman 100 Series/LX470 Coil Springs Rear 2" Lift - Performance Springs. Because att the time of order he did not have any TD rear springs. But it rides super smooth and composed on the road. OEMs were too soft and boat-like and had too much body roll.

@KraziAzn I love the way this looks.. Most likely getting Tough Dog as I need a decent ride for my daily commute.

Last edited:

View attachment 1771273 View attachment 1771275 View attachment 1771276 View attachment 1771277
Do I need this if I’m lifted on OME torsion and 1.5” OME in the rear?

I mounted up the new shoes yesterday! 285/75R16 Falken Wildpeak AT3W. Now it looks like I'll need more lift than just indexed factory torsion bars!

View attachment 1771846

I have my set waiting to be mounted, they look good!
Also see that you're in RI, I'm from Southcoast MA if you ever wanna meet up or hang out or something

Anyway, replaced 1/2 of my heater tees the other day. Spent a good hour trying to fish a broken side out of the hose. Nothing crazy.
received_249321805921165.jpeg
received_923022337903554.jpeg

Do I need this if I’m lifted on OME torsion and 1.5” OME in the rear?

That's a good question and I would say its probably not needed for a 1.5" lift since these were created for a 2.5" lift... but I can't say for certain. I'm lifted around 3" in the front and over 3" in the rear, so they were definitely needed for my truck.

I'd say just pay attention to the sounds and feedback your truck gives you as you drive it.

That's a good question and I would say its probably not needed for a 1.5" lift since these were created for a 2.5" lift... but I can't say for certain. I'm lifted around 3" in the front and over 3" in the rear, so they were definitely needed for my truck.

I'd say just pay attention to the sounds and feedback your truck gives you as you drive it.

Do you have a body lift?

Why 3" in the front? Do you have the torsion bars cranked a little extra? Does this not affect ride quality and the already minimal articulation in our front ends?
Just curious.
Im in the same boat with body lift and garge door height...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom