What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went at my interior and fixed a problem and added some functionality. First I installed a dedicated 4.8A USB charger. Simply removed the cigarette lighter, hogged out the hole, split the wiring plug with some dykes and slid the connectors onto the Blue Sea Systems terminals. Doesn't get much easier than that!

Then I installed an SL3B Bluetooth module to my factory nav head unit. Last I replaced a missing shift knob with a used eBay special. We are now road trip ready! Next I want to make the outlets "always on" by jumping the relay.

unBIpA9.jpg

z2fcKsJ.jpg

S0b8EVb.jpg

75eT5m5.jpg

@TangoTango you are just missing some 1.25” whee spacers

I was considering spacers, so 1.25"? If I understand correctly, it will definitely clear the wheels where I can put the caps on, a more aggressive stance. Are there any disadvantages of running spacers? I don't plan on doing any suspension work anytime soon.

I was considering spacers, so 1.25"? If I understand correctly, it will definitely clear the wheels where I can put the caps on, a more aggressive stance. Are there any disadvantages of running spacers? I don't plan on doing any suspension work anytime soon.

Yes, 1.25" spacers will allow the caps to fit with no mods. Sidewalls will be roughly even with the fender lip, so a slightly wider stance (looks much better IMHO). No real disadvantages mechanically speaking. Ran spacers for 6 months and noticed no difference whatsoever. Recently upgraded to aftermarket wheels with a 12mm offset.

For context, here are some front and rear shots of my LX when I had the spacers installed.

Spacers1.JPG

Spacers2.JPG

Spacers3.JPG

Tinted rear of vehicle to reduce heat. CR-70 on both back windows, rear quarters and rear. Didn't change the look of the windows by much and still looks great with the Viper ceramic I have on the front two windows. Derek's Pro tint in Augusta, GA $220. Couldn't beat the deal and it looks great and I can already tell the difference in the cabin heat when I get in. I've tried to get this done before in Orlando, New Orleans, and Denver but they always wanted $350 - $500 for the install because of the CR-70 so I couldn't pass it up this time.

100% pros if you don't get cheap spacers. I have tucked trd pro wheels front and back while wheeling with true 35's and 1.25'' wheel spacers. Just make sure you get Spider traxx or Bora. Any cheap ones may cause vibration. you will be so happy with the visual rewards.

Ni
Yes, 1.25" spacers will allow the caps to fit with no mods. Sidewalls will be roughly even with the fender lip, so a slightly wider stance (looks much better IMHO). No real disadvantages mechanically speaking. Ran spacers for 6 months and noticed no difference whatsoever. Recently upgraded to aftermarket wheels with a 12mm offset.

For context, here are some front and rear shots of my LX when I had the spacers installed.

View attachment 1768651

View attachment 1768656

View attachment 1768658
Nice rig,

100% pros if you don't get cheap spacers. I have tucked trd pro wheels front and back while wheeling with true 35's and 1.25'' wheel spacers. Just make sure you get Spider traxx or Bora. Any cheap ones may cause vibration. you will be so happy with the visual rewards.
Cool, thanks for the input I'll get some spacers

How are you liking the tires? How’s the noise level?
Hard to say for sure. They are definitely louder than the Michelin Latitudes that were on there - obvious. Before my 100 I had an 80 with 295 KO2s. It was just loud b/c it's an 80 - not really from the tires. I notice the tire noise from the Grabber ATx but it doesn't bother me.
Performance wise, I am happy. Haven't had a chance to play in the sand or snow yet but they've done fine on dirt and in mud.

Went at my interior and fixed a problem and added some functionality. First I installed a dedicated 4.8A USB charger. Simply removed the cigarette lighter, hogged out the hole, split the wiring plug with some dykes and slid the connectors onto the Blue Sea Systems terminals. Doesn't get much easier than that!

Then I installed an SL3B Bluetooth module to my factory nav head unit. Last I replaced a missing shift knob with a used eBay special. We are now road trip ready! Next I want to make the outlets "always on" by jumping the relay.
75eT5m5.jpg

I see a fan of the Aceman, Harlan Williams always a great guest....

no disadvantages of spacers. just a meatier and more aggressive. I'm selling a set of BORA spacers built to 1.75" front and 1.5" rear

Disadvantages:

Reduced turning radius

A wheel coming off at speed. (This has happened, likely from either poor initial installation, poor maintenance or a combination)

If adding spacers, I would research proper installation: Locktite or no Locktite? Color of Locktite? Do they need to be retorqued after initial installation like some aluminum wheels?

Enough guys run them with zero issues, but there are some historic instances of guys having problems...so make sure you get the right ones and that they are properly installed.

Basically all new brake lines. Still original in the engine compartment area/out of ABS unit then all new hard lines to all four corners. New rubber lines to calipers.

Any difference with the new mounts?

Yes, I had a random hum/vibration that was neither the engine cover nor other random items people mention that is now gone. As far as I can tell, they had 216k on them, time to change. Haven't installed the transmission mount yet. I can't tell the engine is on anymore.

Been experiencing lots of knocking over bumps, and rattling out of the front of my LX for a couple months. Pulled a tire and noticed no anti rattle springs on the calipers. Installed some and rattle disappeared, but knocking was still there. Checked my lower ball joints, and had about 1/8" of play on passenger side. Ordered some 555's, and figured if I was doing the lowers, I might as well do the uppers, too. I was also experiencing a lot of left/ right pull under acceleration and knew caster was off due to my ahc lift. I shopped for SPC uca's and found a pair on Amazon that had
"cosmetic damage" for $350. Ordered them not knowing what to expect. Maybe some new old stock that've been floating around the warehouse? They arrived and were the updated version w/ grease zero and no damage at all. Scored!!

Read a bunch of threads on here how to go about removing and installing upper uca's, and lower ball joints. Made it an easy job. Used the "D" setting on the ball joints and the ride is SOOOOOO much better, even out of alignment. I'd compare the ride to my wife's new sequoia. It was worse than my f350 work truck before the fix. Very happy with this LX and how its aging. 205k and still a long ways to go.

I didnt take pics of the process or have anything to add to make the job easier. You guys covered it well and I thank you! Mud is an amazing resource!

Going to do some front yard camping now.

20180818_180044.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom