What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (51 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

List them in pairs on Craigslist and sell the first ones you can. The extra $$ you end up spending on matching tires will be well worth it!

Old and busted, new hotness. Traded my 18 year old swaybar links for new extended links from Trail Tailor. Got the rears, too, but forgot to take a picture.

Installed my new WKO sliders. They never let me down on my last rig, and are every bit as sturdy.

Finally, added to my sticker collection for +5 offroad capability.

Got the new wheels and tires on

30117451368_650f9feab7_h.jpg

Old and busted, new hotness. Traded my 18 year old swaybar links for new extended links from Trail Tailor. Got the rears, too, but forgot to take a picture.

Installed my new WKO sliders. They never let me down on my last rig, and are every bit as sturdy.

Finally, added to my sticker collection for +5 offroad capability.
Did you get the sliders with 10 or 20 degree?

Completed AHC renew on the 06 LX. Got everything dialed in, drives like a dream. The bouncy ejection seat ride was getting old. Now I feel like I’m driving on 43’s through 8” of soft powder over Abano Pass. Dreamlike.

Spent the last couple of days cleaning out the coffee that was spilled on the passenger side carpet. After cleaning, I quickly made my way to the dealer and bought a cup holder insert so hopefully it never happens again.

Did you get the sliders with 10 or 20 degree?

I did the standard 20 degree. The kick out sticks out just a tad from the rear tire, so I should still be able to pivot with it as needed. And it still works well as a step.

38B107CF-5FB2-4FC1-BB79-59FEBEDB60DB.jpeg
F67832A4-2304-4D75-BAAA-0FC059548C17.jpeg
I installed a Wheelskins cover. I’m not very happy with it. It was a size too small so I really had to pull it tight to close the gap and still a good 1/4 of the way around the wheel the gap would not close. I also don’t like how it does not incorporate the spokes. Just a step above a cheap slip on but 10x the effort installing.

@wngrog Yes it was a nightmare because I just sold my wifes perfectly maintained Volvo. I had replaced every frieking component in that vehicle to the point I hated looking at it. Every repair was at least $1000 on that Volvo. After years of commenting in a strong manner (read that as complaining and bad mouthing the piece of garbage Volvo) about how reliable and bullet proof Land Cruisers are, she agreed to a 100 series. Base lining a rig is a rite of passage but the brakes were not an expected repair to happen so soon. @beno doesn't have dogs like our beloved guru at the Heritage Museum but he has bills to pay none the less.

@musthave No I can not have a parts stash that deep. Each repair will be funded by donating plasma or mowing yards for little old ladies in the neighborhood.

So now I have a known good used master cylinder, accumulator, and a bad electric pump for the hydraulics. I am probably going to rebuild the master and let it sit on the shelf (or sell it).

Last edited:
Welcome to the club @Comet - at least we have peace of mind I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom