2018 Rubithon Wagon Run (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Debating on packing the Redi-Welder. Readily (pardon the pun) available amongst the group or good to have?

Also, just replaced the Blue top with X2 Power AGM 34/78 from Batteries Plus (Northstar). Like it so far (turns over much quicker) but reminded me I have never replaced the battery tie down and would like to replace the friction strap that is currently serving that purpose. Can someone post a photo of what the stock setup looks like? It has been so long since it was there that I have completely forgotten how it was set up.

Cheers,

Rod

Never hurts to have the Redi-Welder. I know where there will be one but it will be ahead of us by one day on the trail.

So, for a couple of days, it looked like Porter was not going to have his own rig to drive as our FJ40 will not be ready for Rubithon. So, in the best tradition of my family, I applied heavy guilt on WFO and the result is the wonderful owner of WFO (Trevor) is going to loan Porter his personal rig (FJ40 on 40's, fully linked). So, we will be there in two rigs, one of which we have never driven before! Wooohooo!

Well if you have to run a loaner rig, I suppose a linked Forty on Forties will do.

I’ve been considering just building one. An extra set of jumper cables (already have two batteries but three might be better) rod holder and ground clamp and some goggles?

So I am running out of room quickly... LOL! Will the group mind if I skip fluids? I'll be cash in case if the majority will be carrying stuff if needed.

I’m sure we can scrounge up some fluids - just bring your gloves - rock stackers are always needed!

Last edited:
I’ve been considering just building one. An extra set of jumper cables (already have two batteries but three might be better) rod holder and ground clamp and some goggles?

Maybe you’ve done that before, but I know Dominic has many times, might be good to check with him for pointers.

Never hurts to have the Redi-Welder. I know where there will be one but it will be ahead of us by one day on the trail.
Roger that. I will find a spot for it.

Congrats to our June winner of an extra grand prize raffle ticket, Steven Pryor. I don’t know how so many wagon guys won this year. I think they may have stock in google random number generator!

See you guys in just over a week!

Something really seems rigged here. I know it's not, but what with one winner per month it just seems like luck has more than favored the wagon run this year. Then I remembered reading recently where some guy won a million dollar lottery twice this year, so I googled that and see it has happened many times before. So anything is possible and maybe now there'll even be a July winner for an extra grand prize raffle ticket. :hillbilly::hillbilly::hillbilly:

3 weekends, Countless hours, Congratulations Thomas enjoy your Honeymoon on the Rubicon. We did it. Trail ready. Thomas is a US Marine. we had been storing his rig since his deployment. He came home 3 weeks ago planning on doing the Wagon run with his bride Logan for their honeymoon. Well keep an eye out for this rig its something special

IMG_20180520_122235892_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180529_155928100.jpg

IMG_20180610_142400814_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180610_150825394.jpg

IMG_20180610_174912814_HDR.jpg

Debating on packing the Redi-Welder. Readily (pardon the pun) available amongst the group or good to have?

My Ready Welder never gets unpacked.

Well, I've known / suspected for some time that my mechanic was not going to have my 55 ready for this years Rubithon.

It really sucks, as it was to be a trip of a lifetime. I guess it was just not meant to be.

Plan B went into action last week and the FJ Cruiser will see the trail again.

We are leaving CT tomorrow for the drive out west. A bit longer than in 2016 when I lived in CA.

Looking forward to seeing all on the trail.

Anyone planning on sticking around after the event? I would like to get a few more days in to unwind camping at Buck Island with another rig around to play it safe.

Are we camping at the same spot at Rubicon Springs this year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom