Buster Brown won't hold his belt up! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Miss Felicity, thank you for the offer. Sounds like what you have is worth holding on to for posterities sake (profit or cruiser karma later down the line). I am going to hold off on the fan situation until I can correct the belt fiasco of 2018. This thing has not even come close to overheating according to the gauge; however, I realize it is running a bit cold. Could be the weather or the flex fan. Ordered the JimC idler pulley and will sort that when it gets here. You guys and gal make a shade tree mechanic look good....thanks.

@FJ40Jim truely is the Cruiser Whisperer (his title in his signature). Not only do I order the desmog kit from him months ago to eliminate a lot of unnecessary junk in the engine bay, he points out the tiny pulley on the alternator will be mismatched to the crank and power steering pump. A few bucks later and everything arrives last Friday. Saturday it all goes on slicker than snot on a door knob. Then comes the fun part....

Ordered a few belts from a national chain, lets call them un-advance unnamed auto parts warehouse. All the parts have to be ordered and shipped in Sunday. Ok, that is understandable. Saturday guy says they open at 9am. I drive 20 minutes over on Sunday and arrived at 9:03. No joy, place is locked up tight. Sign on door, that looks like it has been there for awhile, says winter hours open at 10am. I go home and pull the battery, clean up more of the engine bay, and drive back at 10. Three belts there as discussed on Saturday. Real nice counter guy-no complaints with his customer service. AC belt is already split in two, AP-crank-WP looks to be as old at the land cruiser, and the alt belt isn't much better. The addiction kicked in so I purchased two of the three (no AC needed in 40 degree weather). Back home, installed, put new battery in, started up. Everything works as planned. Drove around a little and tightened up the belts.

Rant on:
I drove for at least one hour and twenty minutes because the saturday guy who works there verbally confirmed the hours of operation I saw on the web site. I asked three times. I asked three times. I asked three times.

With a 36 year old vehicle, these chains have no idea whats going on and apparently dont even know when they are open.

Rant off:
I have been utterly spoiled by the likes of Jim C and @beno with excellent knowledge and above average customer service. Give these guys your business, they are the real deal. And you wont waste valuable time running all over town in your DD cause the cruiser is out of commission. I'm getting older each day and less tolerable of stupid people.

With a 36 year old vehicle, these chains have no idea whats going on and apparently dont even know when they are open.

I have been utterly spoiled by the likes of Jim C and @beno with excellent knowledge and above average customer service. Give these guys your business, they are the real deal. And you wont waste valuable time running all over town in your DD cause the cruiser is out of commission. I'm getting older each day and less tolerable of stupid people.

QFT. This is becoming my attitude in a nutshell.

:beer:
:clap:
:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom