91 and 92 owners...what do you have along the bottom rails of your rig? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So just bought my first LC. ‘91 FJ80 with only 90k miles. I cannot stand the naked look between the wheels. From what I understand is running boards were not available in 91 and 92. Just wondering what everyone else has done and where you all got them and if you could include a pic would be so much appreciated!

Are you talking about rock rails or sliders? Toyota FZJ80 Rock Sliders

These might be exactly what I’m looking for. I don’t plan on going crazy lick rock crawling, but a decent amount of protection heading out camping or on Jeep roads in Colorado in the coming years. I live in Chicago, flat flat flat. Thank you for the link.

White Knuckle Sliders are what you want. Check their website to make sure they make a version to clear the exhaust for the 3FE of the 91-92.

Factory running boards WERE available, but that's NOT what you want.

i got the Trail Tailor sliders from Jason with full tread plate. ALso. 91, 92 comes with factory running boards also, which I removed.

I don’t plan on going crazy lick rock crawling...

I didn't think I needed rock sliders because I wasn't planning on crawling either but... first time out I climbed up this teeny tiny little hill and back side was less flat that I thought and blammo. There was less than 250 miles on new cats/muffler/exhaust and I'm glad I didn't actually damage anything. I'm getting the White Knuckle sliders before lift, hopefully soon.

IMG_3732.JPG

IMG_3734.JPG

IMG_3733.JPG

The previous owner had arb steps. I bought the cruiser with dented rockers as a result. i patched them up and bolted on some metal tech sliders.

ypkhgm.jpg

IMGP1326.JPG

IMGP0028.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom